I just sent my kids back to school and that means one worry has jumped back to the top of my list. It’s something I was able to push to the back of my mind over the Summer and now that it’s back-to-school time it’s right back at the forefront of my mind. What is it? Head lice! Yuck! We all hope our kids don’t come home with them and we dread those letters that come home telling us that there is a head lice outbreak in the school.
Take back control with this easy tip that I rely on myself. Preventing head lice without pesticides is essential. I don’t feed my kids food laced with pesticides and I certainly don’t plan on pouring pesticides on their head if they were to get head lice either. But is there a safe, non-toxic lice defense and lice treatment that actually works? Yes!! There really is a safe head lice defense and non-toxic head lice remedy that works. It’s called Vamousse and it’s non-toxic and pesticide free plus it’s got some great science behind it.
Have you had any experience with head lice yet? Luckily I’ve been proactive in protecting my kids with these preventative measures I’m about to share with you, so we haven’t had to deal with the nasty little guys. However, lice infestation is the second most frequent health issue for school-age kids in the U.S., each year affecting more than 12 million children, ages 3 to 11, second only to the common cold according to the Centers for Disease. That means that more than likely you’ll come in contact with it!
Here are things you can do to help prevent head lice from coming home with your child:
- Keep your child’s hair tied back if it is long. Lice do not jump or fly, they crawl, so a child usually gets lice by sharing items like hats, headbands, etc or if their hair is touching another child’s hair that has lice (the lice can crawl over to their head). Keeping their hair up and back will help prevent it from hanging down and potentially coming in contact with lice.
- Use Vamousse Lice Defense shampoo when there are outbreaks at school, possible exposures, treatment of a sibling or family member or sleepovers. Vamousse Lice Defense was designed to eliminate ongoing worry after lice exposure has occurred. It is a gentle, daily use shampoo great for use by the whole family as a replacement to your everyday shampoo in order to defend against head lice infestation. In laboratory tests, it has been proven to kill lice with continued use following the instructions.
- Use a lice prevention spray to spray backpacks, hats, scarves, etc and help prevent lice from crawling onto your child’s belongings.
- Discourage your child from ever sharing hats or anything that goes on their head.
- We also use a lice prevention detangler since my daughter only washes her hair every other day.
If your child comes home with lice you do not need to resort to using a pesticide based product in order to kill the lice and their eggs. Vamousse offers a lice treatment that is non-toxic and safe, without pesticides. Their lice treatment will even kill the “super-lice”, or resistant lice, that have become resistant to the pesticide based treatments. Don’t know the early signs of lice? Read up on them on the Vamousse FAQ’s! Vamousse lice treatment kills eggs and lice in just one treatment!
My philosophy is to avoid lice at all costs! I’d rather defend against them than treat them. Luckily Vamousse has options for both. Follow my prevention tips and hopefully you won’t have to worry about a head lice infestation either!
Has your child ever had head lice?