This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Weeknights can be crazy and often dinner is something that gets pushed to the end of my to do list. Mondays seem to be my craziest day so that is the day I always try to plan a light schedule and an easy meal to help ease me back into the workweek. One thing I always aim for is to get my family around the dinner table and get their attention focused on some family bonding time over a delicious meal.
One way to do that is to create an easy, tasty Manwich Monday recipe! Peruse the recipes from Manwich for inspiration and be sure to pin mine too so you can easily find your next easy weeknight meal idea! I created this recipe after being inspired by my bumper crop of green bell peppers from my garden. I had to use them and this was the perfect compliment to them. They tasted so amazing! Did you know that Manwich has no meat in it? It’s just the sauce! You could use it so many different ways, even incorporating it into a meatless Monday meal!
Sloppy joes are classic, finger-licking food that leave your hands busy (so your kids can’t be on their phones!) and your tummy satisfied. I put a spin on the classic with this carb free sloppy joe version! You’ll need 3 green bell peppers (or any color you prefer!), 1 lb ground beef or turkey, 1 can Manwich sloppy joe sauce, 1/2 a block of colby jack cheese, and some brown rice to serve it with. You can use any variety of Manwich’s sweet and tangy sloppy joe sauce. I used the original but you could also use bold or thick & chunky.
Begin by slicing your bell peppers in half and removing the seeds and membranes.
Place the sliced peppers in a greased baking dish, facing up. Bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes to start to soften them.
Meanwhile, brown your beef or turkey until no longer pink and then drain the grease.
Add the Manwich sloppy joe sauce to the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove peppers from oven and fill with sloppy joe meat mixture. Now bake them for 15 minutes.
Then top each pepper with sliced colby jack cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Aren’t they beautiful?! They are so delicious! You can print off the recipe below and be sure to pin it for later! You can also share it on Facebook so you can save it to your timeline!
Serve the sloppy joe stuffed peppers over a bed of brown rice and top them with green onions if desired. Yum!
Print off the recipe below and be sure to pin this post for later! You can also share this post on Facebook so you’ll have the link saved to your timeline!
- 3 bell peppers whichever color you prefer
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 can Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce any variety
- 1/2 block or 6 slices colby jack cheese
- green onions optional garnish
- brown rice cooked (to serve peppers on a bed of rice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove stems from peppers, cut in half and remove seeds and membrane.
- Spary an oven safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place your halved peppers cut side up.
- Bake peppers for 15 minutes to begin softening them.
- Brown your beef or turkey and drain off grease. Return to pan.
- Add 1 can Manwich to your cooked meat and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven and spoon sloppy joe meat mixture into peppers.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and top with sliced colby jack cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over a bed of rice and top with green onions.