This Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is a delicious way to make Italian Grandmother worthy marsala at home! Thanks to the Instant Pot this recipe is packed with delicious flavors and tender chicken. You can’t go wrong with this dinner recipe.
I married an Italian and so that means I had to learn to perfect some classic Italian dishes. We love my lasagna soup, Italian stuffed shells, and even Italian meatloaf. Now thanks to my Instant Pot, I have another dish to add to our dinner rotation.
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken breast and Marsala wine. It is a variation of traditional Italian scaloppini dish. With a creamy mushroom sauce, this Chicken Marsala recipe pairs perfectly with organic, gluten-free pasta or even zoodles for a lower carb dish.
Chicken Marsala Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is all you need to make this Chicken Marsala. By using coconut flour instead of regular flour, you even have an amazing Paleo recipe that is filling and delicious. While some Paleo eaters stay away from dairy, others use it sparingly. This dish does contain heavy cream but you could easily sub it with full-fat coconut milk and some arrowroot starch to get the thick and creamy texture. Season the sauce with garlic and fresh herbs to mask the coconut flavor.
Easy Chicken Marsala
The instant pot does all the work in this classic chicken marsala dish. With just 15 minutes for prep plus 30 minutes (and time to come to pressure and 10 minutes natural release), this dinner is on the table in a flash.
Print Instant Pot Chicken Marsala Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
- Pressure Cooker
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼“ thick
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth preferably organic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- Combine coconut flour, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in a one-gallon plastic freezer bag and pour seasoned flour mixture on top. Seal bag and turn several times until chicken is evenly coated.
- Select the “Sauté” function on Instant Pot® and set it to high. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, remove chicken from bag and shake off excess flour mixture. Add enough chicken to cover the bottom without overcrowding. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Brown chicken on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken, adding more olive oil as necessary for each batch.
- Add butter to Instant Pot®. Once melted, add Portobello mushrooms and red onion. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms turn brown and the onions soften approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine and chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the cooking container by gently scraping up the brown bits with a plastic spatula.
- Turn Instant Pot® off and add browned chicken to the pot and cover. Lock the lid and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust setting to “high.” Set cook time to 10 minutes.
- When cook time is finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Turn the unit off and remove the lid. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and rest for 5 minutes
- To make the sauce, temper heavy cream with approximately 2 tablespoons of the hot liquid from Instant Pot®. Once tempered, add heavy cream, cream cheese, and chopped parsley to the pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Top each chicken breast with some of the creamy mushroom sauce and serve immediately.
Pin Instant Pot Chicken Marsala Recipe
We love it when you pin our recipes and it also helps you easily find them later!