These chocolate chip walnut cookies are to die for! Bursting with melty chocolate and nutty walnuts, these are the perfect combination of nutty and sweet! Serve these to your favorite people and they’re sure to please!
These chocolate chip walnut cookies are sure to be one of those recipes you add to your “made and good” binder. They are delicious! I’ve shared everything from Jello cookies to Dove caramel snickerdoodle cookies (these are crazy good!) to hot cocoa cookies but until today I haven’t given away this recipe. Now the secret is out and you can impress your friends and family too.
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
If you just love a good cookie then this recipe is for you! Whether you just want cookies for the kids after school or you need a quick and easy dessert to bring to a get together, these cookies fit the bill!
The combination of chocolate and walnut is perfection and the texture of the cookies is spot on!
I am a big proponent of using healthy, clean ingredients and this recipe does use shortening. I recommend using this brand of shortening as it is all vegetable and non-GMO/organic. You can definitely still make these cookies organic despite the use of shortening! These cookies really benefit from the shortening in them.
We also use a combination of chocolate chips, a dark chocolate bar (chopped up) and walnuts. The combination of chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate makes for really chocolatey cookies without being overly sweet! The addition of walnuts balances it all out perfectly.
The secret to making these walnut cookies all the same size is to use a large cookie scoop and cook 6 per cookie sheet so they don’t stick together at all.
You also want to make sure you press the cookie dough balls down with the bottom of a glass before baking so they spread correctly.
The chocolate chip walnut cookies only take 10-12 minutes to cook completely. Allow to cool on a baking rack. Or serve warm and enjoy the melty chocolate!
These go great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too!!
Print Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies Recipe
Print this recipe and add to your own recipe binder.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 oz dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Pin Chocolate Walnut Cookies
We LOVE when you pin our recipes for easy finding later! It helps us spread the recipes with more people who can enjoy them. Thank you!
You May Also Like…