Cajun Yellowtail Snapper Recipe With Mango Avocado Chutney
This yellowtail snapper recipe is the perfect summer recipe! With perfectly seasoned yellowtail snapper, pan-seared to perfection, topped with mango avocado chutney, you just can’t go wrong!
I love fresh, vibrant colors and flavors when I choose the best summer recipes. Bursting with fresh, juicy fruits and power-packed flavors, summer recipes are my favorite! Some of my favorite summer recipes include this baked spaghetti squash recipe, healthy green bean fries, this favorite beef kabob marinade and even homemade ice cream!
You’ll find yellowtail snapper in the Atlantic Ocean, including the Gulf of Mexico. Many consider yellowtail snapper the best snapper for eating. It has a light, flaky meat and tastes mild, similar to grouper. When buying yellowtail snapper at the grocery store look for shiny skin with the scales intact along with a deep red or pink gill color and a shiny belly. Now let’s get to the yellowtail snapper recipe.
How To Cook Yellow or Red Snapper
Yellow and red snapper are similar and you can use either kind of fish for this recipe. In this recipe, we will be pan frying them which is a great method to cook them no matter what time of year it is.
To cook the yellowtail snapper (or red snapper), heat a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets in the hot skillet and cook until they arer nicely browned and flake easily with a fork. Cooking will take approximately 3-5 minutes per side but will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets.
Print Yellowtail Snapper Recipe
Cajun Yellowtail Snapper with Mango Avocado Chutney
Spicy Cajun Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
*adjust amount of cayenne pepper to reach desired level of heat
¾tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp
¾tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large mango peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 5 oz red or yellowtail snapper fillets
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spicy Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and fresh cilantro. Add fresh lime juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Spicy Cajun Seasoning onto both sides of the snapper fillets. Rub gently to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed and adheres well.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets into the hot skillet and cook until they are nicely browned and flake easily with a fork, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with some of the mango-avocado salsa on top. Enjoy!
Pin Yellowtail Snapper Recipe
We love when you pin our recipes for easy finding later!
You May Also Like…
Pulled Pork and Mango Puffed Pasties
Refreshing Melon Ball Punch Recipe
Looks delicious and sounds spicy. I love snapper and mangos.
I am happy to feature this dish at Love Your Creativity. Happy Memorial Day weekend.
Thanks for the feature!