Chipotle Mango Meatballs Recipe, Free Mango Recipes Cookbook & FREE Mango Master Class!
Do you love mangoes or do they intimidate you? If you are anything like me then mangoes are a bit of a mystery fruit to you. I will admit I don’t know much about mangoes nor have I gotten adventurous in the kitchen with them. I’m so excited for the FREE mango class being offered on Twitter by the National Mango Board! They also have a FREE downloadable cookbook full of mango recipes that you can grab now! Don’t those Chipotle Mango Meatballs pictured above look fancy? They are super easy! Grab the recipe at the bottom of this post!
All About Mango Selection and Ripening
- Don’t judge a mango by its color – red does not mean ripe.
- Squeeze gently to judge ripeness.
- A ripe mango will “give” slightly and a firm mango will ripen at room temperature over a few days.
- To speed up ripening, place mangos in a paper bag at room temperature.
- Once ripe, mangos can be moved to the refrigerator to slow down ripening for several days.
Chipotle Mango Meatballs
Easy, elegant appetizer
- 1 26 ounces bag prepared beef meatballs
- 2 cups classic barbecue sauce
- 2 large mangos peeled, pitted, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning dried
- Bake meatballs according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine barbecue sauce, mango cubes and chipotle seasoning; stir to blend.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce and simmer for 5 to7 minutes.
Do you cook with mangoes?
These sound really good! I would make them with ground turkey. I don’t think I’ve ever cooked with mangoes, but I have had mango chipotle salsa before if that counts. I love the mix of sweet and spicy.
I’m jumping up and down for this recipe! Love it! Looks easy enough for me to make and more importantly, it looks amazingly delish. I’m a huge mango fan if you couldn’t tell! 🙂
I love mango salsa but that’s as adventurous as I get! I would love to learn more! Can’t wait for the twitter class
I will see you there!!! Can’t wait to learn all about mangoes. I know nothing!
I’ll be there! I love mangoes but never cook with them
Ohh these look delicious! I always have mangos on hand and enjoy them in recipes when I eat out but never think to use them in my own cooking. Thank you for the recipe.
I think it would be fun to attend a cooking class about using Mangos in recipes. I have never tried cooked mango even though I grew up with a Mango tree in my backyard.
Your meatballs look so moist!
These Chipotle Mango Meatballs would be great for a football party! My hubby would love these. Great simple recipe!
Yes! They look more complicated than they are! Perfect, easy party food!
The recipe looks good but I am not a mango lover. It’s been years since I have tried it, the kids like it, maybe I will have to retry it.
I think it’s really important that they are ripe! I didn’t think I cared for them much either but I had been eating them before they were really ripe and ready to eat.
I love meatballs and these look really yummy!
Such a fast and easy appetizer…I lv it!
It looks soooooooooooooooooo fancy too. Thanks for sharing!