This is the BEST beef kabob marinade recipe I’ve tried and it’s our personal favorite camping recipe. They are really easy to marinate ahead of time and throw on the grill when you’re ready to make them. Quick and easy but incredibly flavorful!
You can make these beef kabobs on the grill or over a campfire. We love to go camping and I always throw the steak pieces in the kabob marinade before we leave, cut up the veggies and put them in a bag and then when we arrive at our campsite all I have to do is assemble the kabobs and throw them on the grill or over the fire. It’s a quick, easy recipe that my whole family loves. My kids love to follow these up with their favorite campfire donuts for dessert!
Beef Kabob Marinade
You can use any cut of steak that you want to. Sirloin works really well for these as does round steak. If you are only feeding two people then cut the kabob marinade in half. I typically use 4 steaks for our family. Cut to two steaks for 2-3 servings. Trim the fat and cut into 1″ cubes. Then in a marinating pan or gallon size plastic bag combine 1 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos), 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 cloves garlic and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Add cubed steak and marinate overnight in the fridge (or at least 4 hours). You can also freeze it until you are ready to use it.
You can use any variety of seasonal vegetables cut into 1″ pieces. My favorites are colored bell peppers, onions, potatoes, and cherry tomatoes. When cutting up and marinating your beef kabobs, also cut up your veggies and place in a plastic bag so they are ready once your beef kabobs finish marinating.
Order the supplies we used for kabob marinade:
Fox Run Bamboo Skewers, Set of 100Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable GrillTupperware Large Season Serve BlueZiploc Storage Bags, Gallon, 150 CountKirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L (2QT 3.6 fl. oz)Coconut Secret Organic Raw Coconut Aminos Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce-8 Oz
Once your steak has finished marinating you can assemble your beef kabobs. I prefer to cook my kabobs the same way our steak house does by putting all of the steak on one skewer and all of the veggies on their own skewers. This way you are able to get an even cook on all of the food.
Place the steak and veggies on skewers that have been soaked in water for 10 minutes and then cook over an open fire (on a grate) or on a grill (we bring a Smokey Joe grill for camping) for 10 minutes or until desired level of doneness is reached and veggies are al dente. Serve with rice.
Print the Beef Kabob Marinade Recipe:
BEST Beef Kabob Marinade Recipe
- 4 steaks sirloin or round steak work well
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Desired vegetables colored bell peppers, onions, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms
- bamboo skewers
- Trim fat and cut steak into 1" cubes.
- In a plastic bag or marinating pan combine olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Add cubed steak and place in fridge to marinate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Cut up vegetables into 1" pieces and set aside in a bag.
- Soak bamboo skewers for 10 minutes in water.
- Put steak pieces on skewers. Put vegetables on their own skewers. Cook on the grill or over an open fire for 10 minutes or until desired level of doneness is reached. Serve with rice.
Pin the Beef Kabob Marinade Recipe: