This buffalo chicken sandwich recipe is a quick and easy weeknight meal. The Instant Pot does all the work so you have easy cleanup too! Make the best shredded buffalo chicken with no effort at all!
I LOVE the flavor of buffalo chicken. Whether it is my Instant Pot buffalo chicken wings or my buffalo chicken 21 day fix pizza, I just LOVE the flavor of chicken smothered in buffalo sauce! YUM! Buffalo chicken goes perfectly with my homemade ranch dressing too! This recipe uses clean ingredients so you don’t have to feel guilty while eating this comfort food.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
The Instant Pot does all the heavy lifting in this shredded buffalo chicken. It couldn’t be any easier! Just toss the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cook. Open it to reveal perfectly shreddable chicken! These buffalo chicken sandwiches are an easy weeknight meal and are perfect for reheating later too!
Prepping this recipe is easy! Just toss the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle them with ranch dressing (I use my homemade ranch dressing for the best flavor!). After cooking you can quick release the pressure or if you have time allow it to natural release for 10 minutes so the chicken stays as juicy as possible. Then quick release the remaining pressure. Opening the lid will reveal tender chicken breasts that are ready to shred.
Use my hack and quickly shred the chicken with your hand mixer! It makes shredding the chicken quick and easy. Then pour over your favorite hot sauce. We prefer Frank’s hot sauce as it has always been our favorite! Then you are ready to serve it on toasted buns, flatbread or lettuce wraps. Use buns with poppy seeds for an extra fancy look!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Toast your buns and top them with shredded buffalo chicken. We like to top them with fresh mozzarella while they are still piping hot so the cheese melts a bit. Then top with fresh basil for a really vibrant, fresh flavor. Serve with ranch dressing either on the sandwich or on the side.
Can You Reheat Buffalo Chicken?
The great thing about this shredded buffalo chicken is that it reheats great. You can easily make it ahead of time and reheat it later! Here’s how! Follow the recipe and then shred the chicken. Store the shredded chicken in the fridge until you are ready to make the buffalo chicken sandwiches. To reheat add chicken, 3 tablespoons of water and hot sauce to a pan and heat over medium heat until chicken is warm. Then assemble the sandwiches.
These shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches are SO easy to make but with the addition of fresh mozzarella and basil, it feels like a restaurant-worthy sandwich! Make them as an easy weeknight meal, make-ahead meal or for your next party.
Print Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Print this recipe and add it to your recipe binder!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 4 pieces chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 envelope dry ranch seasoning or 2 tbsp. homemade ranch seasoning
- ½ cup or more buffalo sauce - any I use Frank's hot sauce
- Hamburger buns or flatbread
- fresh mozzarella
- Ranch dressing
- Basil for garnish optional
- Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Shred chicken with fork. Tip: Use a hand mixer for quick and easy shredding.
- Pour buffalo sauce over chicken. Mix well. Add more if you prefer a spicy, saucy filling.
- Serve hot on toasted hamburger buns or on flat bread. You could also use lettuce wraps for a low carb option.
- Top with cheese and basil if desired. Serve with ranch dressing. I like to use my homemade ranch dressing!
Pin Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
We love when you pin our recipes and it also helps you easily find them later!