These instant pot buffalo chicken wings are the perfect combination of juicy, fall-off-the-bone chicken and crunchy skin! Doused in a classic garlic buffalo sauce, they are everyone’s favorite chicken wing recipe! Since they are made in the Instant Pot, they couldn’t be any easier to make either!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish for your instant pot buffalo chicken wings. We love instant pot meals. My sesame garlic wings are already a favorite as are my instant pot BBQ pork chops. These buffalo chicken wings are our favorite party food or appetizer!
Trim Your Chicken Wings
You can save time by purchasing already-trimmed wings. However, you can save some money by trimming them yourself. See photo above for the approximate location of where to cut each whole wing.
They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock later.
Chicken Wings in the Instant Pot
I love cooking chicken wings in my Instant Pot because it is fast and easy and the wings come out juicy and delicious! These buffalo wings are bursting with classic buffalo sauce and are so tender and juicy. Even cooking in the instant pot, you can still get that great crisp finish that I love in a chicken wing. A quick trip under the broiler is all you need and you have amazing crispy chicken wings everyone will love.
I love serving these buffalo chicken wings with celery sticks and my 21 Day Fix Ranch Dressing Recipe on the side.
How to Cook Chicken Wings in Instant Pot
With some simple seasoning and just a few minutes of cook time, you can have delicious chicken wings in the instant pot in no time. These are perfect for the big game, get-togethers, parties, and even just family dinners.
After cooking you can easily divide them and try different sauces and flavor combinations for your instant pot chicken wings.
This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time. That means you can use your wings fresh or frozen!
Print Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot
- 4-4 1/2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced celery for serving
Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Frank's Original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sprinkle wings with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place the metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and adjust the Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk Frank’s hot sauce, melted butter, and remaining garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When done cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce. Serve immediately with sliced celery and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Pin Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Pin this recipe for easy finding later!