This recipe is the perfect addition to your recipe arsenal. When I need a quick, easy meal that I know will please and will NOT stress me out, I pull out this recipe and throw it together. It’s perfect for entertaining guests and thanks to the minimal prep and clean up, it will give you more time to visit with your guests and you’ll spend less time in the kitchen!
My inspiration for this dish was the end of my cherry tomato harvest. I salvaged a few cups of cherry tomatoes from my garden after it got hit by frost and I knew I wanted to put together an easy one pot pasta recipe with them.
In a large dutch oven (this one is my favorite pot for one pot meals) combine cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, onions, garlic, frozen, fully cooked meatballs, basil, spaghetti or linguine noodles (uncooked), kosher salt, ground pepper, water and Italian seasoning.
Cover and bring to a boil. Once it has reached a boil, remove cover and cook 7 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Stir occasionally. Liquid will absorb and become sauce when the tomatoes cook down. You’ll be left with a light tomato sauce that is deliciously fresh tasting. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Print the recipe off or pin it for later!
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 pound fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 1 generous handful basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 pound dry linguine or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large dutch oven combine all ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high until it reaches a boil.
- Then uncover and boil for 7 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Check out the Pasta Fits website for great pasta recipes, tips and nutrition info. Pasta is an excellent source of energy! Whether you use pasta as an easy prep dish for guests or you have a favorite pasta side dish that gets served at every meal, pasta is an excellent addition to every meal! Follow Pasta Fits on Facebook for more inspiration and tips!
Have you ever made a one pot pasta recipe before?