Zucchini Dessert Crisp Recipe! Tastes Just Like Apples! My favorite zucchini recipes!
This year my garden has been successful! Yay for my developing green thumb 🙂 which used to be a dark shade of black lol. I’ve got zucchini coming in so quickly now that I can hardly keep up! That means I need some awesome zucchini recipes to use it in. Here are a couple of zucchinis that got way too big before I got a chance to pick them. When they get this big they get spongy inside but they are still totally fine to cook with. You can scrape the seeds out of the center before cutting them up if you like.
You will need to chop up the zucchini and boil it with lemon juice until tender.
Zucchini Dessert Crisp
Awesome zucchini dessert recipe that tastes just like apples!
- 4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 C Cold Butter
- 8-10 C Peeled Cubed Zucchini
- 2/3 C Lemon Juice
- To be added to boiling zucchini:
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 3 cups.
- Pat remaining mix into bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 min. (you are pre-baking it)
- For Filling:
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 6-8 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (listed separately in above ingredient list).
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon over pre-baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb flour mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
Wow! And I have some zucchini! This looks really good.
These sounds cool! I might have to try it!
This sounds so amazing! The perfect fall dessert!
this one sounds so good , for sure a great fall desert
So making this tomorrow!!!
This looks incredible. My kids are so tired of zucchini, maybe this will help them get over that LOL
Yum! I’m surprised by the zucchini in a crisp, but it looks wonderful!
And it looks like apples, too! I will have to try this one day. It looks amazing!
This does look really good! I think my grandson would think its apples and would have no problem eating it!
This IS delicious!! It really tastes like apples.
This really and truly does tastes like apples! I made it for a group of friends, told them it was apple, and no one knew! After everyone ate, I told them it was actually zucchini and they were all shocked and wanted the recipe. This is AMAZING! I did put probably double the spice and ended up using about double the lemon juice. Thank you for sharing this!
Isn’t it fun to see if anyone notices?? That is my favorite part haha. I’m so glad you all enjoyed it!