This year my garden has been successful! Yay for my developing green thumb 🙂 which used to be a dark shade of black lol. I’ve got zucchini coming in so quickly now that I can hardly keep up! That means I need some awesome zucchini recipes to use it in. Here are a couple of zucchinis that got way too big before I got a chance to pick them. When they get this big they get spongy inside but they are still totally fine to cook with. You can scrape the seeds out of the center before cutting them up if you like.
You will need to chop up the zucchini and boil it with lemon juice until tender.
Zucchini Dessert Crisp
- 4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 C Cold Butter
- 8-10 C Peeled Cubed Zucchini
- 2/3 C Lemon Juice
- To be added to boiling zucchini:
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 3 cups.
- Pat remaining mix into bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 min. (you are pre-baking it)
- For Filling:
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 6-8 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (listed separately in above ingredient list).
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon over pre-baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb flour mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.