This strawberry chicken salad is to die for. Loaded with lots of chicken, fresh strawberries, feta cheese, and pecans, top the whole thing off with a homemade balsamic dressing and you have the perfect lunch, light dinner, or side dish.
This Strawberry Chicken Salad is amazing! The dressing really takes it over the top. I have found it is a must-make and everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
Strawberry Chicken Salad
If you are trying to eat healthy or just looking for an easy salad recipe, then this is the one for you. Perfect for an easy lunch, a light dinner when it is just too hot to cook, or even a beautiful side dish. Bursting with fresh strawberries this is one salad you will make over and over again.
Strawberry Chicken Salad is a mouthwatering mix of chicken, freshly picked strawberries, creamy feta cheese, mixed greens, and pecans. It’s all covered in a light balsamic dressing. While this salad recipe screams summer, it is so light and fresh, I find myself eating it anytime I can find some good strawberries.
You can even grow your own strawberries. This salad is quick and easy, and oh so delicious! If you buy strawberries, try and go the organic route for a clean eating recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken for Salad
The chicken for this salad is made in the Instant Pot for fast cooking time and super easy clean up. It has such simple seasonings that you can make up a large batch of chicken and freeze some for use in other recipes. Or just keep making this salad over and over.
Just season your chicken, sear it, add chicken broth, and then set your Instant Pot to “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set the cooking time to 8 minutes.
Instant Pot Strawberry Chicken Salad Dressing
The real star of this dish besides the strawberries is the homemade balsamic dressing. With a touch of dijon mustard, honey, and fresh lemon juice, this dressing will be one you will make over and over again. I love making this dressing when I want something a bit lighter than my 21 Day Fix Ranch Dressing. Plus it pairs so well with the feta cheese and pecans. I like to use organic raw honey in this recipe.
Print Strawberry chicken salad recipe
Print this recipe and add it to your own recipe binder.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 5 cup mixed salad greens
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 ounces Feta cheese cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ounces pecan halves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp honey optional
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts.
- Season chicken on both sides with garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping it with a rubber spatula. Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set the cooking time to 8 minutes.
- When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cover tightly and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans. Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately.
Pin Strawberry Chicken Salad Recipe
We LOVE when you pin our recipes for easy finding later! It helps us spread the recipes with more people who can enjoy them. Thank you!
You May Also Like…