My husband has made some big life changes this past year. He started working out everyday and eating healthier and incorporating a lot more fruits and veggies in his diet. He has lost a lot of weight and feels better overall. I’m so proud of him. His go to meal these days is a salad so I promised to start spicing up his regular routine with the introduction of some new salad recipes. This one is a huge hit and leaves you feeling satisfied. I love this salad and it’s quick to prepare.
I used romaine lettuce as my greens but any greens will work. Pick your favorite! Then I added fajita seasoned chicken dressed with a mixture of fajita black bean corn relish and topped with a homemade southwest ranch dressing. The end result was an amazing meal that I will definitely be making a lot of this Summer. Whip this up for your next lunch out on the deck or bring it to work and beat the old boring bag lunch!
Print out the Southwest Chicken Salad recipe below or pin this for later!
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 envelope dry Fajita seasoning
- 1 Tbs butter or olive oil
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Can corn drained
- 3 mini sweet bell peppers sliced in rings
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Southwest tortilla strips
- Chop lettuce and put in bowl or on serving plate.
- Heat skillet on medium high and add butter or olive oil.
- Add chicken and season with half the packet of fajita seasoning.
- Cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat.
- In a separate saucepan warm up the beans, corn and sliced peppers and season with remaining half of fajita seasoning.
- Top lettuce with chicken and dress with black bean corn mixture.
- Combine salsa and ranch dressing stirring to mix.
- Top salad with dressing and tortilla strips.
Like this post? Pin it, Share It, Tweet It 🙂