Homemade Fruit Pizza Recipe
Once summer hits I find myself craving fresh foods that are bursting with flavor. Fruit pizza is one of my ultimate favorite summertime desserts. It’s light and fresh and bursting with the flavors of summer fruits and berries. Not only that but it is super easy to make! I’m sharing my favorite homemade fruit pizza recipe with you because it is quite literally the best fruit pizza recipe I’ve ever tried. I’ve tried several different variations, including store bought cookie dough, and while they all taste great, this one has a little extra oomph to set it apart from the rest!
First off I’ll remind you to pin this recipe so you can find it easily later! I hate when I find a great recipe and then I lose the place I found it! Pin it or share on Facebook. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did!
Best Fruit Pizza Recipe
This fruit pizza recipe can be made in a whole pizza pie shape (big circle) or you can make individual servings by making cookie size circles. I love making individual fruit pizzas too and letting the kids frost and top them with fruit themselves. They feel like they made their own fruit pizza and they love that!
If you don’t own a pizza stone then I suggest ordering one right now to make this recipe! It will arrive in 2 days. It makes all the difference in an evenly baked sugar cookie crust. They are great for so much more than fruit pizza too! Use them for perfectly browned pizzas, breads and much more! You can snag this one for around $15!
Fruit pizza crust is a sugar cookie. Many people use a store bought cookie dough and that is fine if you are pressed for time. If not though I highly recommend making your own homemade dough with this amazing fruit pizza recipe below! There is almond extract in it and that is the secret to giving it extra amazing flavor!
You can top your fruit pizza with any kind of fruit you’d like. I usually buy whatever is in season or on sale. Good choices include strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, blueberries, grapes, cherries, tangerines, or pineapple. You want to choose fruit that won’t turn brown. If you decide to use bananas or apples which are likely to turn brown quickly then I recommend first adding fruit fresh to them to keep them from turning brown.
Print the fruit pizza recipe below!
The Best Fruit Pizza Recipe Made From Scratch!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- *granulated sugar to roll the balls in if you make individual size pizzas only
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fruit of your choice sliced - Strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, grapes, cherries, blueberries
- In a stand mixer or using an electric mixer, beat together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Do not add optional granulated sugar*
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- If making a full size fruit pizza then press dough into a pizza pan to form a circle. Bake 8-10 minutes until cooked through the center and slightly golden on the edges. If making individual size fruit pizzas then roll dough into balls approximately 1 inch in size. Roll in granulated sugar. Flatten to form a circle and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes until cooked and slightly golden on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread on crust once it has completely cooled.
- Top with sliced fruit.
- Keep refrigerated.