I love easy recipes that look and taste great. This Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce recipe is nothing short of easy and tasty! Throw them in the crock pot and serve them for dinner and it will look like you’ve slaved away.
One thing I always try to do when creating recipes is to make a healthy meal that my entire family will love. I want something that is delicious and doesn’t taste like I’m being deprived of calories, but that fits into my diet goals as well. This recipe fits those parameters and knocks it out of the park in the taste department!
This recipe is as easy as tossing the ingredients in the crockpot. Mixing up 4 simple ingredients for the sauce and assembling the pitas when you are ready to eat!
Then just fold them up and wrap some foil around them and you’ve got food truck worthy chicken gyros made from scratch in your kitchen!
You can print the recipe below or pin it for later!
- 2 # boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can chicken broth 15 oz
- 1 C lowfat greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 C cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Add garlic, green onions, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and chicken broth on top of the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred.
- Return to slow cooker.
- Mix together all ingredients for Tzatziki sauce in a bowl.
- Serve on a pita and top with sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced onions, sliced cucumbers and top with Tzatziki sauce.