Every once in awhile my hubby and I will have a fun family night and make a bunch of appetizers and watch a movie together. It’s one of our favorite things to do. One appetizer we love are these tasty mozzarella log jam appetizers. I used to waitress in college and the restaurant I worked at made a similar recipe and it was always a favorite. They are so easy to make and I now make my own version at home. Similar to mozzarella cheese sticks but with a twist!
All you need to make them is string cheese, won ton wraps and an egg.
Cut your string cheese in half so you have two short pieces. Then wrap in the won ton wrapper and roll. Brush the edge of the wrap with egg to seal it shut and complete your wrap.
When you are done they will look like this.
Then deep fry them until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. It doesn’t get much easier or tastier!
Mozzarella Log Jam Appetizer Recipe!
- Package mozzarella string cheese
- Package won ton wrappers
- 1 Egg
- Cut string cheese in half so you have two shorter pieces.
- Beat egg lightly with a fork.
- Roll string cheese in one won ton wrapper similar to rolling egg rolls.
- Brush the edge of the won ton wrap with the beaten egg to help it seal shut.
- Deep fry at 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
These are perfect Super Bowl party food!
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it! 🙂