This Instant Pot chicken recipe combines thyme, garlic and portobello mushrooms for the most amazing flavors that are ready in no time! You’ll be adding this Italian Chicken to your regular rotation of recipes.
Many of you know that I married an Italian. That means I really had to step up my game when it comes to Italian meals. We are big fans of Italian Stuffed Shells, Instant Pot Chicken Marsala, and Savory Italian Beef. This Instant Pot Italian Chicken is now a new favorite. And thanks to the instant pot, it is ready in no time.
While many authentic Italian dishes are known to take hours to prepare, I love using my instant pot to get those same incredible flavors on the table in no time. This recipe is no different. With just 10 minutes of prep, I can have dinner on the table in well under an hour.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken
With Italian spices, mushrooms, and a creamy goat cheese sauce, this Italian chicken is sure to become a family favorite for you too.
Italian Chicken Breast
Letting the chicken breast rest for 5 minutes before serving lets this Italian chicken breast retain its juices. This leaves you with an incredibly juicy and tender piece of chicken. Pair with some noodles or just a salad and some great Italian crusty bread.
Print Instant Pot Italian Chicken
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Instant Pot Italian Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms cleaned and sliced thin
- 4 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼” thick
- 1 cup chicken broth preferably organic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 oz goat cheese cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion and Portobello mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions soften and mushrooms start to release their liquid, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon olive oil to unit and season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper on both sides. Working in batches, if necessary, add chicken to the Instant Pot® without overcrowding. Brown on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove browned chicken from unit and repeat process with remaining olive oil and chicken breasts, as needed.
- Return mushrooms and onions to Instant Pot® and add chicken broth, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Place the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® into the cooking container. Place chicken breasts on top of the trivet and cover. Lock the lid and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust setting to “high.” Set cook time to 10 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese to the cooking liquid and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Serve immediately with some of the mushroom sauce spooned over each chicken breast.
Pin Instant Pot Italian Chicken
We love it when you pin our recipes and it also helps you easily find them later!