Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
Try this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef for an easy restaurant-style meal at home! You’ll feel like you are eating takeout from your favorite restaurant but without the high price tag or having to leave home.
Full of tender beef and vegetables, this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is a flavorful dinner that is ready to serve in no time. I already have a Clean Eating Recipe for Mongolian Beef that we love. This is a similar recipe that uses the Instant Pot to have it ready in a flash.
I love my Instant Pot. There is nothing it can’t do. From iced tea to wild rice and dinners like pork carnitas and bbq pork chops I find myself using my Instant Pot more and more.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
This Mongolian Beef is so easy to make that you may never order it for takeout again. My entire family loves this recipe.
This recipe uses tamari or coconut aminos. I love these organic coconut aminos.
Easy Mongolian Beef
This Mongolian beef requires so little hands-on time. It is a super easy recipe that doesn’t skimp on flavor. You can easily add more vegetables to this dish depending on your tastes and what you have on hand. I love using broccoli in ours for added flavor and to increase the vegetable count.
Not only is it easy to make it reheats well too. I add a little water in a saucepan and add the leftover Mongolian beef to the pan. Heat over medium-high heat just until it’s warm.
Mongolian Beef Instant Pot
If you prefer a thicker sauce, simply remove the beef and veggies after cooking and use the “Sauté function to reduce the liquids by one half.
You can even make this dish ahead of time as a freezer meal. I freeze the broccoli in one bag, the cornstarch covered steak slices in another bag and the sauce ingredients in another bag. Thaw and follow recipe directions to prepare.
Print Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 lbs flank steak sliced thin against the grain
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (non-GMO, preferably)
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 large carrots cut into 3” matchsticks
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup honey preferably local
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups long-grain brown rice cooked
- 2 large green onions cut on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- Place beef and cornstarch in a one-gallon freezer bag. Seal and turn to combine until the steak is lightly coated. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add beef, working in batches if necessary, and brown on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Add additional olive oil, as necessary, to brown the remaining beef.
- Transfer beef to a plate and add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot®. Add onion, carrots, ginger, and garlic, and cook, stirring continually, until onion and carrots are soft and turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside.
- Return beef to the cooking container and add Sriracha sauce, sesame oil, tamari, water, honey and, maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add lid and set pressure valve to the “Sealing” position. Select the “Manual” option and set to high. Adjust cook time to 6 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and add sautéed veggies back to the container. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately over a bed of brown rice, topped with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Pin Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe