This post brought to you by Bar-S Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for an amazing dish that will wow the crowd without all the work? This is the perfect dish for your next backyard BBQ and it’s a keeper. Often times in the Summer we take advantage of the longer days and play outside all evening before realizing it is late and we haven’t eaten dinner yet. This is the perfect dish to throw together and have on the table in thirty minutes or less. You won’t be sacrificing flavor or presentation though with these crowd pleasing Pineapple, Pork & Sausage Kabobs with a sweet pepper marinade.
For this recipe you will need:
- Bar S Smoked Sausage (get a Bar-S Coupon here!)
- Whole pineapple, cored and cut in chunks
- 3 Colored Bell peppers cut in large chunks
- 1# Pork (pork steak, pork chops, etc), cut in 1″ x 1″ pieces
- 1 Purple Onion cut into 1″ x 1″ pieces
First mix up your marinade and get the pineapple marinating for 20 minutes. For the kabobs marinade recipe mix together: 3/4 Cup orange juice, 2 Tbsp raw honey, 1/2 Cup brown sugar and grind in some peppercorns from a peppercorn mill. I used local raw honey and it is so much better than store bought honey. If you haven’t tried it then you are missing out. It’s completely different than the honey bear you buy in the store. It’s amazing and not overly sweet. It has a great flavor.
While your pineapple is marinating you can soak your skewers in water for ten minutes. This helps prevent them from burning on the grill. Then begin chopping your meat and vegetables into 1″ x 1″ pieces.
Once your pineapple has finished marinating you can assemble your skewers. I kept veggies on each side of my pineapple so the raw meat wouldn’t be next to it.
Be sure to save your leftover marinade after removing your pineapple as you will brush it on while grilling.
Then put your kabobs on the grill and grill over medium heat (direct) for 6-8 minutes then turn and grill an additional 6-8 minutes until meat is cooked.
In the last few minutes of grilling brush with marinade.
These were the perfect meal to throw together at the end of a very busy day. They tasted amazing and they landed on our list of “must make again” recipes. I served them with brown rice and they paired nicely together!
Print off the recipe here or pin for easy finding later!
Grilled Pineapple, Pork & Sausage Kabobs With Marinade Recipe!
- 1 Whole pineapple peeled and cored and cut in 1" x 1" chunks
- 1 Package Bar S Sausages cut into 1" x 1" chunks
- 1 # Pork steak, pork chops, etc cut into 1" x 1" chunks
- 1 Purple Onion cut into 1" x 1" chunks
- 3 Bell Peppers red, orange, green cut into 1" x 1" chunks
- 3/4 Cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Mix together orange juice, raw honey, brown sugar and pepper to create the marinade.
- Marinate pineapple chunks in marinade for 20 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Assemble skewers using pineapple, sausages, pork, onion and peppers, rotating them as you go. Put veggies on either side of the pineapple to keep the raw meat juice from getting on the pineapple.
- Reserve leftover marinade.
- Grill over direct, medium heat for 6-8 minutes then turn and grill an additional 6-8 minutes until pork is cooked through.
- During last few minutes of grilling brush on marinade.