Winter equals football. Am I right? And football equals chicken wings. These instant pot chicken wings cook up in no time and are the perfect combination of garlic and sesame. In under 30 minutes, you can have a great batch of wings that everyone will love.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. It is no secret that I love my instant pot. It makes mealtime around her so much simpler. This Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe is already a family favorite. And we love this amazing instant pot vegetable soup.
These wings are loaded with an amazing sesame garlic sauce that can easily be made gluten-free. The Instant Pot does all the work and these sesame garlic chicken wings are ready in under 30 minutes. The perfect party food or appetizer.
Trim Your Chicken Wings
Did you know you can save money by trimming your wings yourself? (See photo for the approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked, but you can trim them before as well!
After cutting, you can immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired. I’m a big fan of homemade bone broth and the wing tips make a great flavored broth. Nothing goes to waste!
Chicken Wings in Instant Pot
I love cooking chicken wings in my Instant Pot because it is fast and easy and the wings come out juicy and delicious! No dry chicken wings here. These sesame garlic wings are bursting with flavor and are so juicy. If you love your wings juicy AND crisp like I do then don’t worry! Once cooked in the instant pot, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish that everyone loves in a chicken wing.
This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time. That means you can use your wings fresh or frozen!
These chicken wings are the perfect appetizer or party food for football games, holiday parties, potluck style dinners and we even love them as a meal! Feel free to divide them and do multiple flavors of chicken wings after you remove them from the Instant Pot. We love to add some hot sauce to one part of the batch and keep the sesame garlic for the kids!
Print Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot
- 4-4.5 lbs chicken wings
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp honey preferably local
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh ginger very finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place the metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the coconut aminos, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside
- When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side.
Pin Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
Pin this recipe for easy finding later!