Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
On a cold day, there is nothing better than a big, hearty bowl of soup to warm you up. And on busy days, dinner often can be the last thing we are thinking of. Warm-up this winter with this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. It is the perfect vegan vegetable soup for chilly evenings. Add it to your meatless Monday rotation! It is ready in under 30 minutes!
This recipe is the perfect vegan vegetable soup that is still hearty and delicious. Made with organic vegetable broth and lots of fresh vegetables, this soup is finished off with lime juice to really brighten the flavors.
Want an even heartier soup? Add some stew meat or even chicken. Otherwise, this is the perfect meat-free meal!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
This delicious and easy soup recipe can be adapted countless ways to incorporate whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you have available. And you can easily add some meat to make it even more hearty. Be sure to add a splash of fresh lime juice right before serving to brighten the flavors! I love to make this when I have an assortment of vegetables in the fridge that are about to go bad. It’s a great way to make a meal out of what otherwise might end up in the trash! Have a vegan friend coming for dinner? Incorporate this easy vegan vegetable soup into your meal plan!
Vegetable Soup Instant Pot
It is no secret that I love my instant pot. It makes mealtime so much quicker and it leaves me wondering how I lived without it. This Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe is already a family favorite. As is this Instant Pot Beef and Rice. Now I have this amazing instant pot vegetable soup for even more choices.
If you love using your Instant Pot for effortless cooking then you’ll really love this recipe! Serve as an accompaniment to grown-up grilled cheese or as a standalone dish. Feel free to add and subtract ingredients that you have on hand!
How To Make Vegan Vegetable Soup
This recipe uses fresh vegetables such as celery, carrots, onion, red potatoes, cherry tomates and baby kale combined with fresh spices and organic vegetable broth and finished off with a splash of fresh lime juice for a surprising finish!
With under 10 minutes of cook time and 10 minutes of pressure release, you can have a hearty vegetable soup on the table in no time. Add some hearty bread or biscuits for an even more filling meal.
Print Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 whole carrots sliced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 cups vegetable broth preferably organic
- 1 lb red potatoes quartered
- 2 whole baby leaves
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups baby kale roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Pin Instant Pot Vegetable Soup