Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos With Pineapple Orange Salsa
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Florida Department of Citrus for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love tacos. My Father in law jokes that he has never met such a white Mexcian because my husband and I LOVE Mexican. It’s our favorite. I decided we could put a spin on our love for Mexican food and branch out and experiment with other flavors. These slow cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are fabulous and the Pineapple Orange Salsa on top just takes the cake!
I’m always looking for ways we can incorporate extra servings of fruits and vegetables in our diets. We don’t ever seem to eat enough each day and sneaking them into our meals is a great way to add them to our diet. Did you know that 100% Florida Orange Juice has five amazing benefits? There is good reason to start your day AND end your day with a glass of 100% Florida orange juice.
Inside each glass of 100% Florida Orange Juice you will find an “Amazing 5” benefits!
- The delicious taste that’s both refreshing and “amazing” is the most obvious! I love starting my day with a glass of 100% Florida orange juice!
- 100% Florida orange juice has no added sugar which means I’m not serving up a glass of sugar loaded OJ to my kids each morning.
- 8 ounces of 100% Florida Orange Juice is an excellent source of vitamin C which is important in the production of collagen which is a component of bones, gums and cartilage!
- It’s a good source of potassium which is important for muscle function, nerve transmission, and helps maintain the body’s fluid, electrolyte and pH balance.
- You’ll also get a great source of folate in your 100% Florida orange juice which is a water soluble B vitamin that is essential for cell division and healthy red blood cells.
These are all great reasons to incorporate 100% Florida orange juice into your day! I love to start my day out with toast, a piece of fruit and a glass of 100% Florida orange juice. My kids love their cereal and by serving it alongside a glass of Florida orange juice I know I am helping them reach their daily servings of fruit. Most families do not get the necessary servings of fruits and vegetables in their diets. Start the New Year off right by serving 100% Florida orange juice and incorporating it into your meals!
Print off the Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos Recipe and the Pineapple Orange Salsa recipe below or pin them for later!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos With Pineapple Orange Salsa Pineapple Orange Salsa
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Queso Fresco cheese shredded
- Pinapple Orange Salsa print off a recipe below
- 1 Cup fresh pineapple diced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 Cup Florida orange juice
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves chopped, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Spray a crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a plastic liner.
- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and sriracha in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with the pineapple juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, shred with 2 forks in the sauce and mix together to coat.
- Let it sit in the sauce for another 30 minutes to marinate well.
- Serve on the flour tortillas and top with pineapple orange salsa and Queso Fresco.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve alone with chips or use it to top Hawaiian Chicken Tacos.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What is your favorite way to incorporate orange juice in your day?
We love Mexican food here in our house. This sounds delicious and i am sure my whole family would love it.
I’m always looking for new slow-cooker recipes and this one sure looks like a winner. The pineapple orange salsa looks so fresh and colorful. This would be a hit at my house.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. We love tacos but I’ve never thought to include chicken in them.
that looks so good,id love to try this at my house
I’ve never had anything like this but it looks DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing! 🙂 Pinning this for the future when I want to try something a little different.
I want those chicken tacos now please! They look so delicious.
I’ve never actually added orange juice with any recipes. I usually just drink it. This recipes looks amazing though. I have got to try them!
I’d really like to try and make pineapple and orange salsa. I can think of so many recipes it would work well with!
Those tacos remind me of springtime. They are delicious, filling, but LOOK bright and sunny.
These Tacos look amazing. I will have to make these this weekend for my kids.
These tacos will be perfect for a camping trip with the family. They look so delicious and flavorful with those colorful ingredients.
That looks such a refreshing meal! I’ve always loved Hawaiian cuisine, especially their grilled meats!
This recipe not only looks amazing but sounds it too; I would love to eat these!
These are so yummy! I love that my slow cooker can make these! I need to bookmark your recipe 🙂
Those tacos looks so delicious and fresh. I love the sound of the citrus salsa with them.
This recipe looks delicious! Chicken Tacos is one of my favorite meals and I cannot wait to try it with this salsa. It will definitely add a change!
Oh man those look so good! Except I’d substitute the chicken for pork belly and make it more like tacos al pastor!
Mmm, that looks so good. I would love to make this for my s/o’s boys, but without the pineapple I’m thinking. Otherwise I’m sure they’d love this!
These tacos look so delicious! I don’t these would last a minute in our home. I love how colorful it is.
Omg! These tacos look absolutely delicious!!! Never thought of making Hawaiian ones before!
So so so tasty! I’d love to give these a try for the family dinner, they remind me of summer. 🙂
I’ll admit that I HATE pineapples by themselves but combined in a meal I love them. This sounds like a great meal to try and make for my kiddos to get them to eat more chicken!
You’re speaking my language. I love fresh OJ from FLorida! I’m a native so it’s the best.
those look beyond amazing!!!! I have to make these soon!
This recipe looks absolutely fantastic!! I never thought to use orange juice on chicken!! Thanks for posting!
I have never tried pineapples in tacos before, but how delicious! I’ll definitely have to try this recipe sometime sans the chicken (vegetarian). 🙂
It would be something new for me to make tacos with pineapple in them…well, chicken ones. I do believe that I may have had it in a fish taco before…or maybe that was mango. I can’t remember.
My family loves tacos. I will have to try them Hawaiian styled.
I plan to add this to the family menu! Thanks for linking up to our A Little Bit of Everything Link party. I hope you will join us again!
These tacos look fantastic! Loving that pineapple salsa. I am featuring you this week, at Simple Supper Tuesday. We hope you can join us again, starting Monday night at 8pm, EST.
Thank you so much for featuring me Cindy!
These tacos sound delicious! I love the addition of the orange and pineapple. Thanks for sharing at What’d You Do This weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday morning 🙂
These are probly the best slow cooker chicken tacos i have ever seen, so much flavor and goodness in these. Yum!
I’m so glad you think so! Thanks for the feedback Nicole!
This sounds really yummy. Going to pin it now!