Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe ~ Freezes Well Too!
Easy slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe that also freezes well for eating later.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 5 medium carrots peeled & chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Cups Chicken broth or 3 15 oz cans
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 2 Bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cups noodles or 1 bag homemade noodles
- 3.5 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts (raw and whole), carrots, onions, celery and garlic into slow cooker.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth, water, thyme, celery salt, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and dice while warm.
- Add noodles and parsley to slow cooker and turn up to high heat.
- Cook until noodles are al dente (especially important to undercook them if you are freezing the soup for eating later so they don't end up mushy when you reheat it) about ten minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and add chopped chicken back to slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If freezing: allow to cool and then transfer to gallon zip top freezer bags. Double bag and freeze flat.
- Thaw. Reheat on stove or in microwave until warm.
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it! 🙂