I’m a huge fan of one pot pasta recipes. They are quick and easy to make and only use one pot to cook the entire meal. That means minimal clean up for me and a delicious dinner for my family! This cheesy polish and pepper one pot pasta recipe is a perfect weeknight meal idea!
This recipe combines smoked polish sausage, colored peppers, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes and cheddar jack cheese to create a hearty pasta that comforts the soul. Make this one pot pasta recipe any night of the week and it will deliver a tasty dinner with minimal cleanup! It is perfect for busy weeknights or special gatherings celebrating loved ones. Save time on dishes and spend it visiting with your loved ones instead!!
For this one pot pasta recipe I used polish from Klement’s Sausage Company. They have a variety of products that I love. I’ve served their summer sausage at parties and we love making their Bratwurst on the grill in the summer.
For this cheesy polish and peppers one pot pasta recipe I used the Klement’s Polish smoked polish sausage variety. The flavor is robust and delicious and lends the perfect flavor to this one pot pasta dish.
Begin by slicing the polish. I sliced mine at an angle so the surface of the sliced polish was long. Then heat olive oil in a large pan (I used this one) over medium high heat and add polish. Cook until both sides of the polish are browned.
Then add garlic, pepper, onions, peppers, broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and cover. Boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Stir in cheese and top with red pepper flakes and green onions. Serve directly out of the pan so you don’t create any extra dishes!
The combination of the Klement’s polish with the onions and peppers is a winning dish!
This one pot pasta makes a large amount and will feed 4-6 people easily. It makes for great leftovers too!
Print the Cheesy Polish and Peppers One Pot Pasta Recipe:
One Pot Pasta! Cheesy Polish and Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Klement's Sausage Company Polish sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced in half rings
- 4 mini colored peppers or 1 bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz ziti pasta
- 2 cups jack cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup green onions sliced
- In a large pan over medium heat olive oil and then add sliced polish to it. Cook until polish is browned on each side. Add onions, peppers, garlic, black pepper, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, milk and pasta to the pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cover. Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in cheese and add red pepper flakes and green onions. Serve immediately.
Pin the One Pot Pasta image below for easy finding later and share this post on Facebook!