Being from Minnesota, I LOVE wild rice. This Instant Pot wild rice is an easy way to make amazing wild rice! You can have it as a side dish any night of the week!
Sometimes I want a quick and easy side dish. This is where the Instant Pot comes in. It can do everything from diced potatoes to puffed pasties, and meatballs. This Instant Pot wild rice makes the perfect dinner side. Just add some meat and a vegetable and you have a delicious dinner.
Instant Pot Wild Rice
With the addition of fresh vegetables, this instant pot wild rice will quickly become a family favorite. It pairs perfectly with pork, beef, chicken, and fish. Serve it as a bed of rice for sauteed fish or pair it with a chicken breast and veggies for the perfect meal. I love wild rice any which way so pick your favorite and save this recipe!
Instant Pot Wild Rice Blend
Any wild rice blend will work for this instant pot wild rice recipe. I’m a fan of the Lundberg Family Farms wild rice blend from Thrive Market. It is a blend of both wild and brown rice, made with whole grains and is Gluten-Free, Vegan, Kosher, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Wild Rice Instant Pot
Don’t like mushrooms? You can easily leave them out of this recipe. Feel free to add, leave out, or substitute any of the vegetables or seasoning in this rice.
Print Instant Pot Wild Rice Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Instant Pot Wild Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 carrots large, finely grated
- 1/2 red onion diced fine
- 2 stalks celery diced fine
- 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup wild rice blend rinsed well
- 2 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add carrots, red onion, celery, Portobello mushrooms, and minced garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the veggies soften and the mushrooms start to release their liquid, approximately 5 minutes. Turn unit off.
- Add wild rice, broth, and fresh rosemary and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 15 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Turn the unit off and let sit for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork while stirring in one tablespoon fresh parsley and the toasted almonds. Serve immediately with the remaining chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
Pin Wild Rice Recipe
We love it when you pin our recipes and it also helps you easily find them later!