This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
I married an Italian and that means that Italian food is a regular staple in our home. I have mastered the homemade, authentic Italian “sugo” which I learned to make from my husband’s nonno (grandpa). One thing we don’t eat often is chicken parmesan and I just love a good chicken parmesan dish, whether it be over pasta or in a sandwich! I have mastered the BEST crispy chicken parmesan recipe that comes out nice and juicy. Eat it over noodles or put it on a bun! Either way it’s amazing.
My favorite part about this chicken parmesan recipe is the crisp coating on the juicy chicken. It comes out just perfect. Top it with some melty, natural Sargento cheese and you’ve got the perfect pairing!
One trick to getting the chicken to stay moist and juicy is to tenderize your chicken first. My chicken breasts were very large so I cut them in half first. Then place the chicken between plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer to pound them out until they are about 1/4″ thick. Season each side of the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a shallow dish or pie plate mix together flour and Italian seasoning. In a separate shallow dish whisk together eggs. In a third shallow plate, combine bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs and Sargento grated parmesan cheese.
Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, covering both sides of the chicken.
Next, dip the chicken in your eggs and coat both sides.
Then, dip into bread crumb and panko mixture and coat both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Then transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
After baking for 5 minutes you’ll need to remove the chicken from the oven and top it with cheese. I need to take a little side-note here to beg you for the love of real cheese, please use real cheese to top that beautiful chicken! See the photo above? You might be surprised to learn that pasteurized process cheese foods, sometimes known as American singles, is only required to contain a minimum of 51% real cheese. What’s in the other 49%??????
The cheese is ground and may be mixed with artificial coloring, flavoring, dairy ingredients, water, salt and mold inhibitors. It can contain up to 15 ingredients that aren’t cheese! Got the idea? I never knew that the cheese above isn’t really REAL cheese. Please don’t ruin this amazing recipe by using processed cheese. Okay, back to the best ever chicken parmesan recipe…
If you love cheese as much as I do then please use real Sargento cheese! Sargento® Sliced Cheese is 100% real cheese sliced right off the block. For this recipe you can use either the Sargento Provolone-Mozzarella blend slices or the Sargento Mozzarella slices, whichever suits your preference. Or use both!
After your chicken has cooked for 5 minutes, remove it from the oven and turn each piece over.
Fold each slice of cheese in half and place on top of each piece of chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, while your chicken is cooking, boil your fettuccine noodles and warm your spaghetti sauce on the stove. To serve, place a bed of noodles topped with spaghetti sauce.
Place chicken on top and top with additional spaghetti sauce and fresh parsley.
While I love eating this over pasta, it could easily be converted into a sandwich too! Follow the same steps and then place the chicken on a toasted bun and smother it with spaghetti sauce and fresh parsley. It’s a great way to mix up my favorite recipe!
This chicken comes out so moist and juicy! It is incredibly tender and the crispy coating on it just makes the dish.
Print off the crispy chicken parmesan recipe below and we love when you pin the recipe for later and share this post on Facebook!