Beautiful Layered Jello Cake | Spring Dessert Recipe
This Jello cake is as beautiful as it is tasty! You don’t need any baking skills to make this stunning cake either! With a box cake mix and some cool whip and rainbow Jello, you can make magic!
This easy jello cloud cake is stunning with its layers and beautiful pastel frosting sandwiched in between each layer. The best part is how easy it is to make, but no one needs to know just how easy it is! You don’t have to be a master baker to make this gorgeous spring cake! You’ll just need a box cake mix, Jello and Cool Whip!
If you love all things rainbow jello then you’ll also want to click over to our favorite rainbow jello popcorn recipe, rainbow jello frosted grapes and gorgeous rainbow jello recipe!
Jello Cake Recipe
I’ll show you exactly how to make this easy Jello cloud cake so you can wow the guests at your next get together. This Jello layer cake would be a great Easter dessert idea or Mother’s Day dessert. Any spring gathering is a great occasion for this Jello cake with Cool Whip frosting!
Jello Cake Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients for this cloud cake:
- 1 box white cake mix made per directions on box in 2 9 inch cake pans
- 4 3oz package jello, red, blue, orange, green, purple, yellow (pick 4)
- 8 Cups whipped topping, divided
- 4 Cup boiling water, divided
- 2 2/3 Cup ice water, divided
Jello Cake Instructions
Begin by baking the cake according to the directions on the box, in two 9″ circular cake pans. Let it cool completely. Then, slice in half lengthwise to form 4 layers. I recommend using this handy cake slicer tool to cut even layers. Set aside the cakes and move on to making the frosting.
Jello Cloud Cake Frosting
Making the Jello cake frosting is easy and uses Jello to flavor and color each layer differently. You can do this while the cake is cooling. Boil 1/2 cup water, add 1 package jello and whisk until dissolved (about 1-2 minutes), remove from heat.
In a 2/3 cup measuring cup, add in 1/2 cup of ice cubes and fill with cold water. Pour ice water into jello mixture and whisk to combine.
Then, whip 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping into the jello. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge for one and a half hours to set. When it is ready it will have a mousse-like consistency.
Break up the mixture with a whisk until it is smooth. Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
Repeat 4 times for Rainbow Jello Cloud Cake, alternating flavors between the layers of cake.
Print Rainbow Jello Layered Cake Recipe
Jello Cloud Cake Recipe
- 1 box cake mix baked per directions in 2 9" cake pans
- 4 3 oz box jello: red, blue, orange, green, purple, yellow pick 4
- 8 cups whipped topping divided
- 4 cups boiling water divided
- 2 2/3 cups ice water divided
For the Jello Cake:
- Bake cake according to package directions, in 2 9" round cake pans. Let cool completely. Slice in half length wise to form 4 layers. Set aside.
For the Jello Cake Frosting:
- While cake is cooling, boil 1/2 cup water, add 1 package jello and whisk until dissolved (about 1-2 minutes), take off heat.
- In a 2/3 Cup measure, add in 1/2 Cup of ice cubes and fill with cold water. Pour ice water into jello mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Whip 1 1/2 Cups of the whipped topping into the jello. Pour into a bowl and place in fridge for 1 and a half hours to set. Will have a mousse-like consistency.
- Break up the mixture with a whisk until smooth. Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Repeat 4 times for Rainbow Jello Cloud Cake, alternating flavors between the layers of cake, enjoy!
Pin Jello Cake Recipe
Shop This Post
Shop the supplies we used to make this recipe!
Cloud cake is a perfect name! This is gorgeous! I love the gentle colors and fluffy layers! Thank you bunches for linking up and sharing with us this week!
Thanks for stopping by Kristi!
Thanks for this Beautiful Layered Jello Cake. Keep sharing such an informative stuff.
What a beautiful cake! It is so feminine and lovely! Thank you for sharing! Pinned!
Tiffany @ Teediddlydee.com
Thanks for pinning! You are so sweet.
This is such a pretty cake. I never thought to use Jell-O when making cakes and cookies.
Thank you for sharing this recipe, this looks like a dessert my family would love
This looks beautiful and I’m sure very tasty, too!
You’d have to cut the layers carefully, but just about anyone could make this beautiful cake!
that is such a cute ideal,,im going to make this with the grandkids
This is such a pretty cake. I pinned it!
Sarah, THANKS for joining the Creative Crafts Linky Party, you will be featured this week starting Wednesday. Have a fabulous week! Creatively, Beth
Thank you so much Beth!!
It looks beautiful! i should try it. Thanks for sharing it! #HomeMattersParty
Such a pretty cake Sarah and it would be perfect for Mother’s Day.
Thank you for sharing your recipe at Create, Bake, Grow and Gather this week. I’m delighted to be featuring your jello cloud cake at tonight’s party and pinning too.
Awe thank you so much!
Your cake is very pretty and delicate!
Thanks for sharing this recipe at the Homestead Blog Hop 389
Ridge Haven Homestead
Thank you so much!!