Here is yet another of my freezer recipes! Be sure to check back all week as I continue to share our favorite freezer recipes! Be sure to check out all of my freezer cooking posts before you get started! You’ll also want to check out my tip on the easiest way to shred chicken before you make these. It will speed up the process and you’ll be amazed at how easy it makes shredding the chicken! Okay, now here is the chicken enchiladas freezer meal recipe! Print it out below 🙂 This recipe will make 3 9×13 pans of enchiladas in a single layer.
Chicken Enchliadas Freezer Meal Recipe
- Meat Mixture:
- 3 Tbps Oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chilies
- 5 Cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 3 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 Cups water
- Cheese Mixture:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Other Ingredients:
- 20 8 '' Tortillas
- 4 Cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 10 oz cans red enchilada sauce
- In a large skillet heat oil and sautee onions and chilies until cooked.
- Add chicken, taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer until liquid evaporates.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Season to taste.
- Set Aside.
- Measure out 2 cups shredded cheese and set aside.
- Assemble: Heat tortillas in microwave - wrap in a damp paper towel and heat.
- Spoon 3 heaping tablespoons of meat onto tortilla and 2T cheese mixture onto meat. Top with heaping Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Roll and place in baking dish.
- Cover and freeze. Place remaining shredded cheese that was set aside in a plastic bag and freeze with the meal. *This makes 3 9x13 pans of enchiladas. Divide the cheese evenly among the three meals.
- Cooking Day:
- Remove pan and place in fridge to thaw the morning of cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour one can enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle the bag of shredded cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- *This recipe makes 3 9x13 pans of enchiladas.
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it 🙂 Come back all week for more freezer meal recipes!