To create the diaper cake you will need:
- 3 Diaper Genie Refills (I bought two 2-packs)
- 17 size three diapers
- yarn or string
- large rubberband
- Pretty ribbon
- 2 flannel receiving blankets (the thin ones)
- “Decorations” of your choice – I used teethers, pacifier clip, toys, bowtie, hairbrush)
- 3 baby washcloths for the “pops” on the top of the cake
- 3 lollipop sticks
- 3 5″ x 5″ white mesh squares for “pops” on top of the cake
- Cake plate or disposable cardboard cake circle
Step 2: Repeat the same process with a second diaper genie refill but only use 5 diapers for this layer and use 2 diaper genie refills for the inside. You can also use 2 diaper genie refills for the first layer if you’d like, but it’s not necessary.
Step 6: If you would like to make the lollipops for the top of the cake they are quick and easy! Just use your baby washcloths and fold them up to create a skinny “snake” with them. Then roll like a snake to create the lollipop look. Wrap with white mesh piece, gathering at bottom. Insert lollipop stick and twist the bottom of the mesh to secure. Then tie tightly with ribbon. Stick them in the top of the cake!
In just 15 minutes you’ve created a beautiful baby gift!
Have you ever made a diaper cake?