My husband and I really don’t diet. When he came home from work talking about little zucchini pizzas that a guy told him to try I was surprised. I figured I’d give them a try. I will admit that I can be a little picky about veggies (don’t tell my kids) so I didn’t think I’d like these too much but figured I’d try them out and see. I was pleasantly surprised that they turned out great and tasted really good despite my slight vegetable aversion.
First you need a decent sized zucchini. Slice it up into 1/4” pieces.
Top with tomato sauce and season with Italian seasonings (or your favorite herbs).
Zucchini Pizza Wheels
- Large Zucchini sliced into 1/4'' slices
- Olive Oil for brushing on
- Tomato sauce 8 oz or less
- Italian seasoning or your favorite herbs
- 1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese
- cracked pepper
- Slice zucchini into 1/4'' slices.
- Brush each side with olive oil.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Broil or grill for 2 min each side.
- Top with tomato sauce and Italian seasonings.
- Add cheese to top.
- Broil or grill additional 1-2 min until cheese is hot and bubbly.
*Recipe and photos are protected by site copyright and may not be used elsewhere. If you’d like to share the recipe please link to my site rather than publishing it on yours. Thank you.