I love putting a spin on old favorites and making dinner time less boring! We all tend to get in a rut, eating the same foods over and over again. Don’t fall into that habit. Reinvent what you are eating! The other night I took our old favorite, sloppy joes, and reinvented them into delicious sloppy joe egg rolls. These were so good! My entire family devoured them and happily told me to add them to their list of favorite dinner ideas. I have to admit that I liked them even better than traditional sloppy joes!
Kick off your week right with Manwich Mondays Recipes! To me that means an easy meal that takes little prep and packs big flavors that my kids will love too. Need inspiration to start off the week right? Try out my sloppy joe egg rolls recipe and visit Manwich.com for more inspiring recipes!
To make sloppy joe egg rolls begin by browning a pound of lean ground beef and draining the fat. Then add a can of Hunt’s Manwich Thick & Chunky sloppy joe sauce to the pan and mix well.
Then lay out one egg roll wrapper and place two tablespoons of sloppy joe meat inside.
Next sprinkle with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese. Then roll them up like an egg roll (there are directions on the egg roll package if you don’t know how to roll them!) and brush the edge with olive oil or egg to seal.
Then place them on a pan (I lined my pan with my Silpat but parchment paper works too) and brush the tops with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with your choice of sauce or by themselves! Our favorite sauces were General Tso’s and sweet and sour sauce.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later! You can also print it off below.
- 1 # Lean ground beef
- 1 Can Hunt's Manwich Thick & Chunky Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 12 Egg roll wraps
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Olive oil or egg for sealing and brushing egg rolls
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add 1 Can Manwich Thick & Chunky sloppy joe sauce and mix well.
- Add 2 Tbsp sloppy joe meat to one egg roll wrap.
- Top with 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll egg roll up (wrapping directions on the egg roll package)
- Use olive oil or egg to brush the edge and seal it.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or Silpat mat.
- Brush the tops of egg rolls with olive oil or egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choosing. Our favorites were sweet and sour or General Tso's sauce.