Our Winter here in Minnesota has been sooooooooooooooooooooo long this year. It finally hit 70 degrees yesterday and I was rejoicing in triumph that maybe, just maybe we have finally beaten this long, dreadful Winter. When I went to the local meat market and saw a box of corn on the cob I nearly fell over. Maybe Spring has sprung and fresh produce is on it’s way after all! All Winter our produce is so limited and the dull flavors leave me craving the flavor packed produce that Spring and Summer deliver. I scooped up an armful of corn on the cob and headed home to grill some steak and prepare some Mexican Street Corn!
Mexican Street Corn Recipe
Mexican street corn recipe
Course: Side Dish
- 12 ears corn on the cob cooked any way you like
- 3/4 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 lb queso Cotija cheese shredded
- pinch of cayenne to your taste
- Cook your corn to your liking, boiled, grilled, etc
- Spread thin layer of mayo over each ear of corn
- Roll in cheese to coat evenly
- Sprinkle each ear with cayenne to your taste
- Squeeze lime juice over corn
Do you have a favorite corn on the cob recipe? I’d love to try it! Leave it in the comments below so we can all expand our recipe boxes!
Other posts you may like: