This post was sponsored by Crisco® Coconut Oil as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I will admit that I haven’t jumped on the pumpkin-craze bandwagon as of yet, but when I made these pumpkin muffins I understood the mayhem. These healthy pumpkin muffins use coconut oil and all the amazing spices that remind me of fall weather. Make them and you’ll understand the pumpkin craze too.
With fall arriving in full force here in Minnesota I have adopted cozy sweaters, cute boots and pumpkin muffins. We try to eat healthy and replacing butter and oils with organic coconut oil has been a favorite trick of mine. These healthy pumpkin muffins use Crisco® Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil, organic pumpkin puree, aromatic spices and basic baking ingredients to produce a moist, flavor-packed muffin that everyone in the family will love! They are perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast option or to pack in your child’s lunch! They won’t last long though so make sure you grab one before the rest of the family devours them.
You can find the Crisco Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil that I used in this recipe at Target (there is even a 25% off cartwheel coupon right now so you can save on it too!). While I knew that coconut oil is a great organic substitute for butter, margarine, or other oils, I wasn’t ever sure what the difference between refined coconut oil and unrefined coconut oil was. If you are like me and don’t know then I’ve got the answer for you! Refined Coconut Oil has no flavor or aroma, so you can add Crisco® Coconut Oil to your recipes without the taste or smell of coconut. Unrefined Coconut Oil retains the distinct coconut flavor and odor. In this recipe, I use unrefined coconut oil and it is a great addition to the flavor!
Begin by putting paper liners in a muffin pan.
Next, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Whisk together to combine. Set aside.
Now, mix together the wet ingredients including the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
You may need to heat the coconut oil to soften it and melt it, depending on the temperature of your house. Coconut oil fluctuates between a liquid and a solid depending on the temperature. It is perfectly normal for coconut oil to become liquid when it is warm and solid when it is cool. You can just warm it up to melt it and measure it out correctly. Mix to combine ingredients.
Next, combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
Use a cookie scoop to divide the dough equally between 12 muffin liners.
Bake for 22-24 minutes at 375 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and serve.
Print the Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe:
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree pumpkin should be the only ingredient
- 1/2 cup Crisco Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or grease with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, milk and vanilla extract. *You may need to heat coconut oil to liquify and measure it. Mix to combine.
- Fold together wet and dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the batter evenly amongst 12 muffin pan liners. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan and serve.
Pin The Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe: