This post brought to you by TruMoo. All opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween is coming and with that comes Halloween parties! This is the perfect Halloween Frozen Oreo Pudding Cake because it’s just like an ice cream cake that doesn’t melt! That makes it ideal to put out at your party without the worry that it will be a puddle in a few minutes time! Plus it tastes SO good!
Making this cake requires a few basic ingredients including TruMoo Orange Scream milk, Cool Whip, Powdered Sugar, Cream Cheese, vanilla instant pudding and Halloween Oreos.
Begin by whipping the cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl and folding in the Cool Whip. Divide in half and place half the mixture in the fridge. I put half the mixture back in the empty Cool Whip bowl and stuck it in the fridge. Set aside the other half of the mixture.
Then mix the vanilla pudding according to the package instructions, substituting TruMoo Orange Scream Milk for regular milk. Whisk until soft set and then stir in the Cool Whip mixture you set aside.
Place mix into a loaf pan that has been lined with foil or parchment paper. Then top with a layer of crushed Halloween Oreo cookies. Top the cookie layer with the Cool Whip mixture you set aside in the fridge. Then top with a final layer of crushed Halloween Oreo cookies. Put in the freezer overnight.
Once completely frozen you may remove from the pan and slice and serve!
Since this frozen cake uses pudding as it’s base, it doesn’t really melt at all. It holds it’s form even as it comes to room temperature. It tastes best when frozen but it will hold well if you set it out at a party!
You can find TruMoo Orange Scream milk in your grocers dairy section along with the milk. TruMoo starts with fresh milk from your trusted dairy, with no artificial growth hormones and add just the right amount of sugar, and that’s what makes TruMoo A Truly Good Thing®. My kids LOVE drinking the TruMoo Orange Scream on it’s own and this frozen cake was a real treat!
Print the recipe off below and Pin this post for later
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 -8 oz package thawed Cool Whip
- 1 3.4 oz pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding
- TruMoo Orange Scream - use in place of milk called for on pudding package
- 1 pkg Halloween Oreos crushed
- With a mixer, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy. Stir in Cool Whip gently. Divide mixture in half, returning half to the empty Cool Whip container and placing in the fridge. Set aside the other half.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip pudding and TruMoo Orange Scream together according to package directions. (Use TruMoo Orange Scream in place of milk called for in pudding directions)
- Gently fold in Cool Whip mixture you set aside (not the one in the fridge)
- Line a loaf pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour pudding mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the crushed Oreos.
- Top with Cool Whip mixture you set aside to the fridge.
- Finally top with remaining crushed Oreos.
- Cover and freeze overnight.