Magnetic Activity Tray
Magnetic chalkboard activity trays have so many fun uses! Use them for fun, play and learning. Some ideas for use include:
- practicing math problems
- learning short words
- spelling practice
- tic tac toe
- coloring tray
- chalk art
- magnet play
How To Make Magnetic Chalkboard Activity Tray
This do it yourself magnetic activity tray is super fun and inexpensive. You’ll need the following supplies:
- A cheap cookie sheet – I found mine for $1 at Walmart!
- chalkboard spray paint
- letter and number magnets
- Begin by roughing up the surface of the cookie sheet with steel wool.
- Next, follow the directions on the can of chalkboard spray paint and allow it to fully dry.
- Once it dries you are ready to play! Place magnetic letters, numbers and clips on the tray and grab the chalk.
It’s that easy! These are perfect lap trays for the kids. Not only are they great entertainment on the couch or in the car, but they also double as a tray to eat their meals on! Whether they are sick on the couch and eating crackers or they are in the car on a road trip, you can use these trays to help them easily eat their meal away from the table.
Pin DIY Magnetic Chalkboard Activity Tray