This is the best beef stew recipe and will warm your belly and leave you feeling full and satisfied! If you are craving comfort food then look no further than this amazing beef stew recipe!
Best Beef Stew Recipe
The Fall chill is in the air here in Minnesota. We already had our first covering of frost that took out some of my beautiful pepper plants in my garden. I picked the rest of the garden clean and resigned myself to the fact that Summer is over and Fall is definitely in the air. While I’ll be missing the smoothies and grilling that comes with Summer, I’ll be welcoming hot cappuccino and warm, hearty comfort food. Beef stew is classic comfort food and it’s one of those meals that just “sticks to your ribs” and keeps you warm and satisfied. The is absolutely the best beef stew recipe ever. Give it a try and I guarantee you won’t be looking for any other beef stew recipe again.
The beautiful thing about this best beef stew recipe ever is that you start it out in a cast iron skillet but transfer it over to your slow cooker and let it cook itself for 8 hours until it is tender and melt-in-you-mouth good! If you’re looking for some hearty comfort food then look no further and be sure to keep this best beef stew recipe on hand!
You can print off the best beef stew recipe below and be sure to also pin it for later. You can also share it on Facebook so it will be saved to your timeline for easy finding later! Let me know what you think of it!!
Print the Best Beef Stew Recipe:
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- 2 C water
- 2 heaping tsp beef demi-glace
- 4 large red skinned potatoes washed & diced into bite size pieces
- 3 large carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- Place stew meat, flour and seasoning salt in a gallon size plastic bag and shake until evenly coated.
- In a cast iron skillet heat olive oil and add floured stew meat to the pan.
- Brown on all sides and remove, placing meat into the bottom of a slow cooker. Keep your cast iron pan hot and don't clean out remnants from browning the meat.
- Season meat with pepper, to taste.
- Add diced onion to hot cast iron pan and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Once onions are soft, transfer them to the slow cooker on top of the meat.
- Now add Worcestershire sauce, water, & beef demi glace into the skillet and whisk until mixed, making sure you scrape up any browned bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat & set aside.
- Add diced potatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaves and Worcestershire mixture to the slowcooker.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Supplies we used for the Best Beef Stew Recipe:
Savory Choice Beef Demi Glace, 2.6 Ounce PackageLodge L10SK3ASHH41B Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned, 12-inchHamilton Beach 33473 Programmable Slow Cooker, 7-Quart, SilverVidalia Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper by Müeller – Strongest – NO MORE TEARS 30% Heavier Duty Multi Vegetable-Fruit-Cheese-Onion Chopper-Dicer-Kitchen CutterSet of 3 – 7,9,12 Inch, Heavy Duty, Non- Stick, Stainless Steel Silicone Kitchen Tongs (pack of 3, multi color)…Lodge 2HHMC2 Hot Handle Holders/Mitts, Multi-color Peppers, 2-PackThe Ringer – The Original Stainless Steel Cast Iron Cleaner, Patented XL 8×6 inch Design