After what seemed like the longest Winter EVER here in Minnesota, I am more than ready for Summer and BBQ parties! I can’t wait to get outdoors and get my grill on. I’ve missed making my grilling recipes and I will be happy to have that good old Summer food hitting my taste buds again. I’ve collected some of my favorite recipes for grilling and throwing the ultimate BBQ party! I even threw in a fun Grill Cake Pops recipe! How cute are those?! I’m also sharing one of my personal favorites, Texas Caviar.
This recipe is the perfect Summer dip to serve with crackers or chips. It’s great for picnics because it keeps well out of the fridge for awhile and it’s full of fresh ingredients. It’s light and satisfying. The perfect BBQ side dish!
Mix together black beans, black eyed peas, colored peppers, green onions, shoepeg corn, roma tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno and zesty Italian dressing. Stir well and serve with chips, crackers, bagel chips or whatever you wish! I also like to eat it with pita chips.
I love how colorful and healthy this dip is. You don’t have to feel guilty eating this! It’s addicting though. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Texas Caviar Recipe
- 1 Can Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Black Eyed Peas – Drained and rinsed
- 4 Green Onions – Chopped
- 1 Can Shoepeg Corn white – Drained
- 2 Peppers any color (I used yellow and red) – Chopped
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes – Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Can Jalapeno Peppers or 2 TBSP fresh – Diced
- 1 8 oz Bottle Zesty Italian Dressing I use Wishbone
- Drain, rinse and chop ingredients as indicated in ingredient list.
- Mix everything together and serve.
- Store in fridge. Lasts a few days.
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it 🙂
Which BBQ party recipe would you make?