This Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup is the perfect comfort food and thanks to the Instant Pot, it is ready in just over 30 minutes. It’s bright and packed with bold flavors. Exactly what you are craving when it comes to cold weather comfort food!
I love chicken fajitas and there are so many different ways you can serve them! From my freezer meal chicken fajitas to this chicken fajita noodle skillet and even sheet pan fajitas, there are a ton of ways to make your favorite chicken fajitas meal. Today we are making chicken fajita soup!
Full of all the spices you would expect plus beans, loads of veggies, and chicken, this soup is the perfect way to have Taco Tuesday on a chilly day.
Top with avacod0, cheese, sour cream, or even serve it with warm tortillas on the side. No matter how you finish this soup off, everyone will love it.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
While this soup is hearty enough for fall and winter, it would also make a great spring and summer meal. Load it up with fresh herbs and veggies from your garden for an even more flavorful soup. You could even make this chicken fajita soup with beef instead of chicken. Just be sure to cut into thin strips. No matter what meat you add, this soup is one you will want to make again and again.
Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
I have already given my Instant Pot a workout with this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe, Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe, and this amazing Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup. Now I have a new favorite soup to add to our rotation.
With just 15 minutes of prep time, this chicken fajita soup is on the table in no time.
Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup
Watching your weight? This soup can be made skinny with very few adjustments. Simply leave off sour cream or cheese as a topping. Finally, a full flavor dish that can also be skinny without making huge changes.
Print Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
Print the recipe below and add it to a binder to create your very own personal cookbook!
Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium Poblano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 14oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with liquid
- 3 cups chicken broth preferably organic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 avacodos sliced
- 3 tbsp red onion chopped
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, bell peppers, and Poblano pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onion and peppers are crisp-tender and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.Switch unit to “off” and transfer veggies to a bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place chicken in Instant Pot®, along with tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and shred chicken breasts with two forks. Add sautéed veggies, black beans, and lime juice. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Allow soup to sit on “Warm” setting for several minutes until the veggies and beans are heated through. Serve immediately topped with sliced avocados, red onion, Mexican cheese, and fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Pin Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
We love it when you pin our recipes and it also helps you easily find them later!