I LOVE apple crisp. I finally got apples on my trees this year and in ONE day the crows had picked my trees clean! I was SOOO mad that I didn’t even get to try one of my apples! Luckily I got some apples from my mom and my husband’s family and was able to make a bunch of apple crisp up for my freezer so we can enjoy it for months to come! We’ve already eaten quite a few and they are so good!
Make this recipe up and eat it tonight and make a few extras for the freezer! When you freeze them just cover in plastic wrap, pushing it all the way down to the food to eliminate air space, and then wrap again in tin foil. Write the cooking directions on the foil and freeze.
- 6-12 apples enough to fill a 9x13 or 2 8" round pans to the top
- 1 C White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C Flour
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Oatmeal old fashioned
- Fill one 9x13" pan or 2 8" round pans to the top with sliced and peeled apples. I use an apple, peeler, corer, slicer to make slicing the apples quick and easy.
- Mix together 1 C White Sugar, Vanilla, and Cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over Apples.
- Mix together butter, flour, brown sugar, and oatmeal.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and apples are soft.
This is my favorite apple crisp recipe! Serve while hot with vanilla ice cream! Yum!
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it!:)