This post brought to you by Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
With back to school time here I’m busy putting together a stack of recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals. Once school starts we are always busy and having easy recipes on hand is a must. My family loves sloppy joes and they couldn’t be easier to make, but I wanted a fresh take on a family favorite so I got in the kitchen and started playing with ingredients. The end result was a fantastic recipe for sloppy joe wonton cups that satisfy the tastebuds and leave you without the traditional messy hands that sloppy joes are known to leave behind. The crisp from the wonton cups adds a great layer of texture to the sloppy joes. As an added bonus they are just as quick and easy to make as traditional sloppy joes! These are a great weeknight meal or party food.
First brown one pound lean ground beef on the stove and then drain the excess fat. Then add 2/3 a can of Manwich sloppy joe sauce. I used the Thick & Chunky variety because I didn’t want the filling to be too saucy or the wonton cups would get soggy. Cook over medium heat until sauce is mixed well and thickened up.
While you are making your sloppy joes on the stove, get your wonton cups in the oven. Brush each wonton wrapper with vegetable oil and press into a muffin pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes until crisp.
Once your wonton cups are done remove from the oven and fill with sloppy joe mixture.
Sprinkle with green onions to complete them!
Pin this recipe to easily find it later or print it off below!
- 1 # lean ground beef
- 2/3 can Manwich Thick & Chunky Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain fat.
- Add 2/3 can Manwich and stir. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, brush wonton wrappers with vegetable oil and press into muffin pan.
- Cook wonton wrappers at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes until crisp.
- Once wonton wrappers are done fill them with sloppy joe mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Get more Manwich Recipes for easy weeknight meals!
What’s your favorite easy weeknight meal?