This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dixie. All opinions are 100% mine.
This one skillet Italian chicken in garlic cream sauce recipe has quickly become a favorite in this household. I made it last Sunday when my sister was over for dinner and she just raved and raved about how it was better than the pasta dishes at our local restaurants. I have to agree that it is really good. If you want to wow the crowd at your next Sunday dinner (or your average weeknight meal!) then this recipe is sure to be your secret weapon.
Start out with a large skillet and heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in it until hot. Add chicken and cook on one side to sear it for about a minute. Sprinkle it with Italian seasoning and paprika and then flip over. Sprinkle the other side with Italian seasoning and paprika as well. Then reduce your heat to medium and cook covered until no longer pink in the center. Continue flipping it as it cooks so it doesn’t burn. Then remove the chicken from the pan to a cutting board to slice it.
Now in the same pan you cooked the chicken in, add chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, and bacon and mix everything.
Next add the half and half and bring to a boil. Once the half and half has begun boiling add Parmesan cheese and reduce to a simmer. Stir frequently while simmering until the cheese has melted and sauce gets creamy. Then add the sliced chicken into the pot.
Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve over bow tie pasta. Provide extra crushed red pepper for those that like their food a little more spicy! I only add a little to the pot so that my kids can eat it too. I sprinkle extra on my plate!
Then gather around the table for Sunday dinner as a family. We have joined the #DarkForDinner movement and I would LOVE if you joined us! Going #DarkForDinner means putting all of your devices and phones away for the duration of dinner and getting back to being a family and having discussions around the dinner table. We went #DarkForDinner on Sunday and it was awesome! We no longer allow phones at the table ever. This is a forever rule in our house! It’s amazing the things you learn about one another when you have family discussions and no one is distracted by phones or TV. Dinner time conversation has become a lost tradition in our society and I’m joining the movement to take it back!
I also created this really fun family talk jar filled with conversation starters to get the table talk going! It was full of fun questions and allowed us to learn things that wouldn’t come up in normal everyday conversation. You can grab the free conversation starters printable here.
Print off the One Skillet Italian Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce recipe below! Be sure to share it on Facebook and Pin it for later too!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp Dry Italian seasoning
- 5 Medium Tomatoes diced
- 1 C Spinach raw
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 # Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Pint half and half
- 1 1/2 C shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded (for serving)
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over high heat.
- Add chicken breasts (I cut them in half) and cook on one side for 1 minute to sear it. Season the top with paprika and Italian seasoning. Flip over and season and sear the opposite side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook until center is no longer pink, flipping occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once completely cooked remove from pan and put on a cutting board to slice.
- To the same skillet (do not add chicken back in yet) add chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, bacon and mix together.
- Add half and half and bring to a boil. Once the half and half is boiling add in 1 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese melts and sauce becomes creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Return the chicken to the pan and mix well.
- Serve over bow tie pasta and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Will you join me and put away your phone for dinner and go #DarkForDinner?