After having a baby last month things have been a whirlwind around here. We’ve had company galore, all gathering to meet our new arrival, laundry, sleepless nights, 3 other kiddos to take care of and the to do list never ends! My little guy, Brady, is such a blessing and a welcomed new addition to the family. I’m getting used to a new routine and starting to figure out how to juggle it all. While I was recovering from my c-section there were a few things that people brought me that were so helpful as well as a few things that I wish I had during my recovery. How do you spoil a new mom? That’s what this post is all about! Plus I’m giving you my favorite Iced Strawberry Green Tea recipe that every new mom deserves to enjoy.
When visiting a new mom and meeting that precious little baby what should you bring to spoil the new mom? It can be a tough question, but having just gone through it I can tell you exactly what I wanted.
- After having a c-section I wasn’t able to get into jeans because they would rub on my incision so yoga pants paired with comfy tops were a must. Every new mom can benefit from a fresh, new set of comfy clothes that she can wear and feel great even if she didn’t get a shower that day. The baby always gets new clothes, don’t forget mama!
- Chocolate! It’s an instant mood booster and after all the hard work of delivering that baby every new mom deserves some chocolate! Put it in cute little jars and adorn it with a ribbon for a special touch. (*secret tip* you can buy my personal favorite cadbury eggs year round on Amazon!)
- Foot cream is the perfect way to spoil every new mom with an at home pedicure. Soak those tired feet in a wash basin with some epsom salts and follow it up with a nice foot massage using the foot creme. An at home spa treatment is just what the doctor ordered!
- You’ll need some Bigelow Green Tea with lemon for relaxing at night with a hot cup of tea and you’ll also need it for my divine Strawberry Green Tea recipe that is perfect for sipping throughout the day.
I found my Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon at Target in the tea aisle. It’s with a myriad of other teas and flavors but it’s the best for this recipe! Why should new mamas take advantage of sipping green tea? There are actually many health benefits to drinking green tea:
- It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible benefits.
- Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection.
- Some studies show that green tea leads to increased weight loss. It is particularly effective at reducing the dangerous abdominal fat.
- Green tea was used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine to control bleeding and heal wounds, aid digestion, improve heart and mental health and regulate body temperature.4 Recent studies have shown green tea can potentially have positive effects on everything from weight loss to liver disorders to type 2 diabetes.
- Green tea is considered one of the world’s healthiest drinks.
Before going to visit a new mom, brew up some green tea and make her some Strawberry Green Tea! First you need to boil 5 cups of water and pour it over 5 Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon tea bags and let it brew for 5 minutes.
Since new moms are always on the go, taking care of baby’s every need, pick up a covered, insulated straw cup that she can enjoy her strawberry green tea in. I LOVE my insulated straw cup because I can carry it with me through the house and on the go and always stay hydrated which is particularly important for breastfeeding moms.
Strawberry Green Tea Recipe
- 1 Pint Strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 Cup Sugar to taste
- 5 Cups Water
- 5 Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon tea bags
- Place hulled strawberries in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour in medium saucepan and add sugar.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Bring 5 cups cold water to a boil.
- Pour over 5 tea bags and let brew for 5 minutes.
- Mix strawberry mixture and green tea together and chill.
- Serve chilled over ice.
What is your favorite way to drink Green Tea? What tips do you have for spoiling a new mom?
If you enjoyed this post then you will also like this one:
*This #TrendTea post brought to you in collaboration with #CollectiveBias. All opinions are my own.