This post brought to you by CHA! by Texas Pete. All opinions are 100% mine.
My husband and I love authentic Mexican food. It’s our favorite and we’ve learned to master making it the authentic way over the years. It’s definitely not the ground beef tacos I grew up with! It’s so much better. While we love going out to eat, it gets expensive so we’ve mastered making authentic Mexican steak tacos at home. It’s not at all difficult and once you eat these you will never go back to the Americanized version of tacos!
You’ll want to marinate flank steak overnight or at least 3 hours in the fridge before grilling it. I made a fantastic marinade using garlic, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, kosher salt, lime juice, orange juice, lemon juice, CHA! by Texas Pete, and olive oil. Mix it all together in the food processor, dicing the dry ingredients first and then adding the liquid ingredients and pulsing.
Pour over the meat and marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. If you can’t find flank steak near you then you can use any cut of steak you like. Use a meat tenderizer to pound it flat.
Then bring your meat to room temperature (about 30 minutes) and grill over medium high heat until cooked how you like it. For these tacos we used some of our grass fed beef from the freezer and didn’t have any flank steak on hand. This works well too, just be sure to slice it thin after it cooks. Be sure to let it rest before cutting and cut against the grain or chop into small pieces.
Serve on corn tortillas that have been warmed in a skillet and slightly browned. Top with Queso Fresco cheese (find it in the dairy section), CHA! by Texas Pete sauce, Cilantro, lime wedges, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
Mexican Steak Tacos with Steak Marinade Recipe!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 small jalapeño
- 1/2 C cilantro
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 C CHA! Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 # flank steak
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- Queso Fresco Mexican cheese found in dairy section
- CHA! Sriracha sauce
- Lime wedges
- Pico de Gallo
- First prepare your marinade by combining in a food processor the garlic, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, & kosher salt and pulse until ingredients are diced.
- Then add lime juice, orange juice, lemon juice, CHA! sriracha sauce, and olive oil to food processor and pulse to mix well.
- Pour over meat and marinate in fridge 3 hours or overnight.
- Bring meat to room temperature (approx 30 min) and then grill over medium high heat to desired doneness.
- Cover with foil and let rest before slicing.
- Cut against the grain or chop in small pieces.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with queso fresco, CHA!, cilantro, lime wedges, guacamole and pico de gallo.
If you haven’t heard of CHA! Sriracha sauce by Texas Pete yet that’s because it is a fairly new product. Despite being pretty new to the scene, it’s available at many grocer’s nationwide and online at TexasPete.com. CHA! has been a stable in the South and I’m thrilled that it’s making it’s way North! It’s the perfect addition to our authentic Mexican tacos and it makes a great ingredient or condiment to anything you want to spice up! Put it on pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, whatever you like!
Get more Recipes that use CHA!