Memorial Day is right around the corner (hooray!!!) and that means it is time to bust out the BBQ and get your grill on. I LOVE grilling all Summer long. I even fight Fall and rebelliously grill well into Fall until the snow doesn’t permit me to grill any longer. Let’s kick off Summer in style with a well deserved Marinated Turkey Cutlets recipe that pairs perfectly with grilled asparagus and baby reds! Can you say yum?
Begin with some Honeysuckle White fresh turkey breast cutlets. I don’t always recommend a specific brand of poultry but I highly recommend Honeysuckle white for a few reasons. Honeysuckle White works with more than 700 independent farmers to produce these wholesome turkeys raised without growth-promoting antibiotics! I’ve also had the opportunity of meeting one of their farmers and she was just the most pleasant woman in the world. I was thrilled to hear about her love for turkey farming and all that goes into it. This is a brand that cares where their poultry comes from.
Look for the USDA Process Verified seal on packaging to know that your turkey was raised without growth-promoting antibiotics by farmers who care. Plus you won’t pay a premium price for this premium turkey!
First you’ll need to marinate your turkey cutlets. You can marinate them overnight or for 6-8 hours (in the fridge). For the marinade you’ll combine soy sauce, chili sauce, honey, olive oil, green onion, and curry powder. (For the full recipe scroll down to the bottom of the post)
Combine all the ingredients together and pour them over your turkey cutlets in a shallow container. After they finish marinating cook them on the grill until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Meanwhile wash and dice your baby red potatoes. Pour olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh squeezed lemon juice over them and toss to coat.
Trim your asparagus and toss them in the olive oil mixture as well.
Place a grill basket on your grill over medium heat and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Shake the basket and turn occasionally to mix potatoes.
Then add asparagus and cook 10 minutes longer or until tender. Continue shaking basket to mix asparagus and potatoes.
If you are trying to eat better this Summer then swapping turkey for other meats is a great way to get a leaner protein that will still fill you up! We love swapping turkey in our favorite recipes like tacos, spaghetti, chili and meatballs!
Serve it up with a sliced lemon on top for garnish and you’ve got a first class meal! You can print off the recipe below or pin this post for later so you can easily find it!
- 4 Honeysuckle White Turkey Cutlets
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce
- 1/4 C Chili Sauce
- 1/4 C Honey
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Green Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon squeezed for fresh lemon juice
- 6 Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 # Fresh Asparagus trimmed
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over turkey cutlets in a shallow container.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill, preferably marinating them overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Once finished marinating, remove from marinade and place on hot grill.
- Grill until cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile prepare potato and asparagus seasoning by mixing together all ingredients and pouring half the mixture over potatoes.
- In a separate bowl pour remaining mixture over asparagus.
- Toss both bowls to coat.
- Place a grill basket on the grill over medium heat and place potatoes in it.
- Cook 15 min, shaking basket to mix potatoes occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook an additional 10 minutes or until tender.