These Instant Pot pork chops are seasoned with homemade ranch seasoning and cooked with rice. They are the perfect one pot meal for busy weeknights! Cook the pork chops and rice together in the instant pot and you’ll have a complete meal on the table in about 30 minutes!
Instant Pot Pork Chops
My Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops and Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork were a HUGE hit and for good reason. Cooking pork chops in the Instant Pot delivers juicy, tender pork that is never dry! These Instant Pot ranch pork chops were so juicy and flavorful that they have become a regular in our recipe rotation. I LOVE that I can throw all of this into my Instant Pot and have a complete meal on the table without the need to make additional side dishes.
Begin by setting your Instant Pot to “saute” and adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let the oil heat up and while waiting, dust each side of your 4 bone-in pork chops with salt, pepper and ranch seasoning. (Grab the homemade ranch seasoning recipe). Using tongs, put one or two pork chops in at a time and brown them on each side. Then remove them and do remaining pork chops. Set aside on a plate once you finish them all.
Now add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the pot and deglaze the pot by using a wooden spoon to scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Be sure you get them all up off the bottom of the pot so they don’t scorch during cooking.
Then add remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, onions, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, rice (be sure you rinsed it!), thyme and stir together. Place the browned pork chops on top of this mixture and place the lid on the Instant Pot. Lock the lid and be sure your valve is set to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” 10 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then release the valve and open the lid. Letting the pressure release manually will result in dry pork chops. If you let it all naturally release you will get the most juicy results! Serve your Instant Pot ranch pork chops immediately.
My kids LOVED these Instant Pot pork chops and so did my hubby and I. The rice was cooked perfectly, as were the carrots and mushrooms! There was no scorching or issues with it cooking. Just be sure you rinse your rice adequately before cooking it so you wash away some of the starch from it. Let me know if these Instant Pot pork chops were a huge hit at YOUR house!
Print the Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops mine were about 1" thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dry ranch seasoning *homemade Ranch seasoning recipe here
- 2 cups chicken broth divided
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Jasmine rice rinse well to wash away starch and prevent scorching
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 T fresh
- Set Instant Pot to "Saute" and add olive oil. While oil is heating, season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper and homemade ranch seasoning.
- Use tongs to put one or two pork chops in the pot and brown them on each side. Remove and brown remaining pork chops. Set aside on a plate once they are browned.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the pot to deglaze the pot by scraping the stuck on bits off the bottom of the pot using a wooden spoon. Make sure you get all the stuck on bits lifted off or they will scorch!
- Then add remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, diced onion, diced carrots, mushrooms, garlic, uncooked Jasmine rice (rinse well first to wash away starch and prevent scorching) and thyme. Stir together and then place browned pork chops on top.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to "Sealing". Set to cook on "Manual" for 10 minutes. Once finished, allow pressure to release naturally (for at least 10 minutes). Then remove lid and serve immediately.
*It's VERY important to thoroughly rinse your rice under cold water before adding it to the pot. This will ensure it doesn't scorch.
Supplies we used to make this Ranch Pork Chops Recipe:
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000WVidalia Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper by Müeller – Strongest – NO MORE TEARS 30% Heavier Duty Multi Vegetable-Fruit-Cheese-Onion Chopper-Dicer-Kitchen CutterLitehouse Freeze Dried Garlic,45 gramsLundberg Organic California White Jasmine Rice, 32 OunceImagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, Low Sodium, 32 OunceTrader Joe’s Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals with Built in Grinder Natural and Pure Use in Any Dish You Would Use Regular Salt – 4.5oz
Pin the Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe image below: