I can’t even believe it is already Labor Day weekend looming ahead. This Summer flew by. Perhaps it was the short burst of warm weather we had here in Minnesota or maybe the extremely frigid Winter followed by the very short Summer. Whatever the reason, this Summer was short! It is already back to school time and I have to squeeze in one last Summer day grilling! This grilled pineapple upside down cake is the perfect way to finish off your next outdoor party. It’s easy and fun and you cook it on the grill. What is better than that?!
Rip off squares of nonstick foil to make one packet for each individual pineapple upside down cake. Mound 1 1/2 Tbsp of brown sugar in the center and top with 1 Tbsp of butter.
Place a pineapple ring and maraschino cherry on top.
On top of that place a single pound cake circle.
Close up the foil to form a packet, sealing the edges by rolling shut.
Grill sugar side down over medium-high heat for 12 minutes.
Pin this recipe for later or print it off now!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Pineapple Ring
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- 1 Round Pound Cake individual size
- 1 Square of non-stick foil
- Mound brown sugar in center of foil and top with butter.
- Put pineapple ring on top and place cherry in the center of the ring.
- Top with the pound cake circle.
- Close foil to form a packet and roll edges shut.
- Grill sugar side down on medium-high heat for 12 minutes.
What are your Labor Day plans? Will you be grilling anything?