My husband and I LOVE hot wings. It has long been a tradition of ours to deep fry wings and appetizers and have a date night in while watching a movie. With my husband trying to lose weight and eat healthier we have found a new way to enjoy our wings and not only is it healthier but I think it tastes better too! The flavor you get in these wings from the grill is amazing and lends to layers of flavor from the grill to the hot sauce. They are amazing! They are easy too!
Buy a bag of frozen chicken wings (you can use fresh too of course but we always keep a frozen bag of wings in the freezer so we can enjoy them anytime) and heat up your grill to medium heat. Your wings can go right on the grill frozen. No thawing required! Talk about a timesaver. It doesn’t matter if you forgot to take that bag of wings out of the freezer to thaw. They cook perfectly from frozen.
Cook them on indirect medium heat for approximately 40 minutes, turning them half way through. The cooking time will vary depending on the heat of your grill. Check internal temperature or cut open and ensure juices run clear.
Remove from grill and place in a pan or metal bowl. Mix together butter and Frank’s hot sauce and pour over wings. Toss to coat.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery! The flavor will leave you wanting more! These wings are amazing!
Print off the Grilled hot wings recipe or pin it for later!
Grilled Buffalo Wings Recipe!
- 2 1/2 lb chicken wings
- 1/2 C Franks RedHot Sauce
- 1/3 C melted butter
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Place frozen wings on grill and cook over indirect medium heat for 40 minutes, turning wings half way through.
- Check internal temperature or cut open and ensure juices run clear.
- Mix together Franks RedHot Sauce and melted butter well.
- Toss wings in sauce to coat.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese and a side of celery.