We love homemade playdough here. I’ve always loved kool aid playdough because the kool aid makes it scented and colored! Bonus! Plus the kool aid doesn’t stain hands which was something I wondered about before making it. I have been on a quest to find the best kool aid playdough recipe out there and I’ve finally got a mixture that we love! It’s soft and molds really well. It doesn’t crumble like store bought brands do. It’s the BEST!
- 1 Envelope unsweetened Kool Aid
- 2 C Water
- 2 C Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 C Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- Put 2 C water in pan.
- Add Kool Aid and stir.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly while adding remaining ingredients.
- Playdough is ready when it comes together in a ball and the color deepens.
- Let cool and then store in an airtight container.
- *I have successfully made double batches of this. I wouldn't go larger than a double batch since it would get difficult to stir.
If you like it then pin it, tweet it, share it! Thanks!