Easy Shrimp Recipes
On busy weeknights it can be tempting to skip making dinner and order out instead. Don’t! Not only is it expensive, but it isn’t healthy for you either. Instead turn to easy weeknight dinner ideas to quickly get a delicious dinner on the table. I love easy shrimp recipes because shrimp is one of those proteins that cooks very quick. These pineapple teriyaki shrimp rice bowls are ready and on the table in 20 minutes or less. They are so fresh and tasty too!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. All opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to easy shrimp recipes I love how versatile shrimp is. From spicy shrimp and pepper pasta to paella on the grill, you can use it in a number of different flavor profiles. Today I am using it in a yummy rice bowl recipe combining teriyaki and pineapple for a flavor explosion!
This recipe is made quick and easy thanks to my secret ingredient. Grab a bottle of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki marinade and sauce from Target (near the ethnic foods) and it takes all the work out of dinner! Thanks to this pre-made sauce you’ll be able to toss it with your fresh ingredients and have dinner on the table in a hurry. Don’t worry, there are no preservatives or additives in this sauce so you can feel good about serving it to your family. Make sure you Save 20% with the Target Cartwheel app!
In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium high heat. Add 1# shrimp and cook until they just start turning pink. Add fresh pineapple, asparagus, water chestnuts and 3/4 bottle of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce. Continue cooking over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until sauce is thick and bubbly and pineapple and asparagus are tender.
Serve over your choice rice. We used basmati rice which was super delicious. You can also use brown rice or plain white rice. You can also add some crushed red pepper and green onions to the top to give it an added kick if you like a little spice!
The best thing about this recipe is that it takes less than 20 minutes to have a healthy meal on the table. The rice bowls are bursting with fresh flavors thanks to the juicy pineapple and fresh asparagus. Combined with the teriyaki flavor, the shrimp and pineapple pair beautifully. I love the added flavor that the basmati rice gives it as well.
Add a little fun to your weeknight dinner and whip out the chopsticks! Your kids will have fun trying to pick up their shrimp with chopsticks. Make your rice a little stickier than usual to make it easier for them to pick up!
When it comes to easy shrimp recipes this one takes the cake! It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s fresh and bursting with flavor. Print off the recipe below and be sure to pin it for easy finding later.
Print Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb raw large shrimp tail off, peeled, deveined
- 1 5 oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 bundle asparagus tips only
- 1/2 fresh pineapple sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 bottle Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- crushed red pepper to taste
- sliced green onions
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until just starting to turn pink.
- Add water chestnuts, asparagus tips, pineapple and 3/4 bottle Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce and continue cooking over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbly and pineapple and asparagus is tender.
- Serve hot over basmati, brown or white rice in bowls. You may add crushed red pepper and green onions to the top for an added kick of flavor.