For the past couple of years I have been trying to perfect my Gingersnap cookies recipe so that it was the best gingersnap cookie recipe around. I LOVE gingersnap cookies and I wanted them to be chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside. I have finally perfected my recipe and upon many requests from those that received them on cookie plates this year I am sharing it I’ve been told by several people that have tried these that they are the best gingersnap cookies they’ve tried. So it’s not just my bias Here is the much tweaked and perfected recipe!
- ¼ C Shortening
- ½ C Butter, softened
- 2 C Flour
- 4 Tbsp Molasses, full flavor
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Cloves, ground
- 2 Tsp Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- Cream together wet ingredients then add dry ingredients slowly and mix well.
- Form into balls and roll in white sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- I store them with a loose lid. If you store them in an airtight container they will become soft. If you leave the lid partially off then they stay slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
This recipe is sooooo good and perfect for Christmas time! Bake up a batch for Santa and he will be impressed
Like this post? Pin it, Share it, Tweet it!
*My photos and recipe may not be used without express permission. My site and photos are protected by copyright.